Brewer Fanatic

Brewers talking Damaso Marte?

Ryan Braun couldn't crack the Pittsburgh outfield. The fact that Pittsburgh pitching for some reason decided to go away is a mystery and the only reason they aren't competing.

Good point about the talent of the Pirates OF, but of course he wouldn't actually be a 4th OF. In a different universe where Braun is a Pirate, he could play 2B with atrocious defense and would provide more value than they are getting out of 2B right now. 50 OPS+ from Freddy Sanchez!

Regarding Marte, I initially thought that a RH reliever would be more preferable than a lefty, but Damaso has been good against RH as well.

• 3 weeks later...
I think this is the best option we have left on the table. Brawndo brought up a good point in the chat room last night that you have to pay for saves and Marte is as good of a relief pitcher as any without many saves so we could get good bang for our buck here. Marte would be my #1 trade priority right now if I were Doug Melvin.

splitterpfj wrote:

Damaso Marte.

Yes please! I think he would be the finishing touch to the NL Central winning, NL Pennant winning, and World Series champion Milwaukee Brewers! Seriously, trade for Marte, DFA Mota, and we're set for October.

the asking price on Marte is pretty high because some people think he'll be a Type A free agent. the thing is, who is going to sign him if they have to give up a first round draft pick? nobody will. the Pirates need to adjust their expectations downward. besides, I highly doubt they'd trade him within the division. I'd love to have him though.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Archived