Brewer Fanatic

08/23/06 - Rockies (Kim) @ Brewers (Sheets) - 7:05pm CDT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't name specific games that Jenkins has blown because it's not as readily apparent as a blown save where a pitcher hangs his head and walks to the dugout in front of a 40,000+ crowd in shame. But Jenkins presence in the 3-hole and anywhere in our lineup for that matter, has no doubt cost us games. The amount, I have no idea. All I can say is he has been nothing but dead weight on this team and no one can disagree with that.

Yes, we are winning. Does that automatically make Jenkins and his 2 K's the reason why we won? Or maybe it's in spite of his presence that we won. I'm not being harsh to you lamp...I'm being harsh to all the continuous supporters of Jenkins. Sure, he's had a few good years in the past. Is that supposed to negate the horrible display of baseball he's put forth this season? And he still thinks he's great!!! I give fans credit for having the cajones to boo this "Brewers savior" at the game...live in the present tense fans!

What does booing Jenkins accomplish? Will it magically make him play better?

And what's wrong with Jenkins thinking he's a great player? When your competing at the professional level you MUST have that kind of confidence if you want to have success.

Larry Bird once said that confidence is believing you're going to make a shot after you've missed 10 in a row.

If you don't have that confidence you may as well retire.

Quote:
Sure, he's had a few good years in the past. Is that supposed to negate the horrible display of baseball he's put forth this season?

Does a rough year negate that fact that he's been one of our best hitters over the past few years? While I don't wish to see him in Milwaukee next year, there is no reason to boo him especially when the team is winning.

Quote:
The point is the fans should of cheered the inning (most did)...the ones who booed obviously have pathological disposition to forget that he once was a good player who now isn't too good.

I would have booed Jenkins for a few seconds and then cheered the team afterwards. So.... yeah.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I'm just impressed that Bucksman made 5 posts in the thread and NONE of them were about Sheets and his status as the "ace" of the team.

Not surprisingly, I didn't see one positive comment from him until his very last sentence:

Quote:
GOOD WIN though...bring out the brooms tomorrow!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Wins are good.

While we all understand (and I bet Geoff does too) that players are going to get booed from time to time, espically when they make some serious cash. I coached high school sports a long time and shoot I saw players there get booed. So comes with the gig I guess.

Archived