Brewer Fanatic

08/23/06 - Rockies (Kim) @ Brewers (Sheets) - 7:05pm CDT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I LOVE to hear the fans booed him after K'ing. Why should a good inning by the team negate his horrible approaches at the plate and K after K? If you can't get it through your head that the guy sucks and is a black hole that sucks up $7 million of our payroll and kills us every time he's in the lineup, then I don't know what to say. We have other options. Why even pinch hit Jenkins....it's a K and men LOB waiting to happen.

How about not making him a personal whipping boy for a four run inning? If I recall there were 2 other outs in the inning and they didn't get booed. To boo a player after your team just scored 4 run to take a commanding 6-1 lead is just stupid!! Can you blame Ned for starting him yes. Should Jenkin's be playing?...maybe a little because you are paying him so much but he isn't really playing a lot is he? The point is the fans should of cheered the inning (most did)...the ones who booed obviously have pathological disposition to forget that he once was a good player who now isn't too good. Those who booed should take back every time they cheered for him...especially last half of last season when he carried this team on his back.

a good point lamp about last year... i guess expectations rise after that type of a performance, though.

i hate to look and see .250 next to his name. it just isn't right.

i'm pulling for him, though. just imagine what we could do if he got hot... or even hot-ish.

Should Jenkin's be playing?...maybe a little because you are paying him so much but he isn't really playing a lot is he?

Oh, you're right, I'm sorry. I thought we played the games to win them. I thought we were still in the wild card "hunt." If those statements are true, Geoff Jenkins shouldn't be in the lineup, let alone be allowed to even sniff the lineup card in the event his bad fortunes could rub off on the other players. But you claim that because we're dumping boatloads of cash to the guy, that automatically entitles him to PT? So, you just want to throw in the towel now? Shouldn't the best players play? (not the ones who make the biggest money).

Bucksman...Am I missing something? First of all your tone to me is a little irrational and mean spirited considering I was just making an observation and opinion. Second, are we losing this game tonight? Has Jenkings directly contributed to us losing tonight? Yes, Jenkings is doing badly now. He still is batting .250 which is hardly .000. He has been on base twice tonight, scored a run. 2K's yeah..ok. I guess you have never liked Jenks and completly dispel the fact he has been a good player over the years. As for the HUNT! Yeah, we are in the Hunt but it wasn't Jenks who put us at this disadvantage..it was a slew of injuries....and TURNBOW(9 games by himself). Name 9 games Jenks has lost it for the BrewCrew?

Archived