Brewer Fanatic

the 400,000 homestand is upon us

I started chirping about this during one of the Twins IGTs and again during the Parra - Webb finale, and now that the 400,000 homestand is nearing the mark (albeit projected only) it is worth mentioning again for its sheer audacity of awesomeness.

Of course it helps that 6 of those days are Friday-Saturday-Sundays bookending the weekdays. and I guess it doesn't hurt to premier the biggest acquisition of the Miller Park era (sorry Jeffrey Hammonds) during one of the lower draw days either...

F: 41,463 actual

Sa: 39,176 actual

Su: 42,163 actual

M: 35,161 actual = 1,485,529 season total (JS total is incorrect today for some reason)

T: 42,500 (projected tonight) (CC!)

W: (Sheets)... 36,250 placeholder

Th: (Bush)...33,750 placeholder

F: 42,000 assumed

Sa: 42,500 assumed

Su: 45,037 (if carrying a 5 game winning streak fever, the Central deficit is 1 game, CC has already been elected Mayor, etc et al)

That's the 400,000 strong homestand with the total attendance at the break 1,725,000

but MAN, that still leaves 1,275,00 to get over 33 dates, which means an average of ~38,500 to hit 3 MILLION. Guess the 7 Cubs dates and the playoff clinchers are going to have to pull some serious 42,000+ weight.

Guess the 7 Cubs dates and the playoff clinchers are going to have to pull some serious 42,000+ weight.

I believe that there is absolutely nothing to worry about there. The Brewers-Cubs games at MP will easily pull 42,000+ every time. Easily as we breathe, they will hit that mark.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

If they sell out 1/3 of the remaining 33 home games, which is not any stretch, they just have average around 36,500 for the other 22 to hit 3 million, if I'm doing my math correctly. If they're in the race, that won't be much of a problem. If we drop out by the time school starts again, we might miss the mark by 100K.

I think you are going to have to revise your projections - upward. I just tried to get tickets for Thursday's game and could only get standing room only tickets. Have the Brewers ever sold out a non-cubs, non-opening day weekday game?

I don't have examples, but I recall sold out weekday afternoon games in the past.

Also, while it wasn't a sellout, I remember being at a game that cracked 40,000 on a weekday in May.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Verified Member
As someone who remembers the final years of County Stadium and the Sal Bando/Dean Taylor era (yeah yeah I know about Taylor, save it)..When attendance was 7-13k, I gotta say this brings a tear to my eye, and pride to my heart..

Wow, the projection of 42,500 tonight was right on. If I remember correctly, the attendance announced at the game was 42,533.

That darn last minute busload of nuns really screwed me up!

F: 41,463

Sa: 39,176

Su: 42,163

M: 35,161

T: 42,533

=200,496

50.1% to 400K through 5 of 10 games; and the best is yet to come. Should be a cinch; truly remarkable.

Sheets tonight. SRO Thursday for Bush? I tried to buy tickets for Sunday but they wanted to put me in the clocktower.

Mark A. was lying through his teeth when he said the Brewers would go into the red with this deal... probably makes his wallet harder to close is what it does. It'll be an interesting analysis when all is said and done anyway.

Thursday is YMCA Day. I suspect a lot of tickets went to YMCAs first. I was looking for a pair of seats two weeks ago and the online ticketing page already was pushing me to the corners.

Or maybe everyone wants to welcome back JDLR. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

With tonight's crowd of 37,463, total attendance for this homestand is at 237,588, for an average of 39,598.

162,412, an average of 40,603, is needed for the homestand's attendance to reach 400,000.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

F: 41,463

Sa: 39,176

Su: 42,163

M: 35,161

T: 42,533

W: 37,092

Th: 43,389

= 280,977

119,023, an average of 39,675, is needed for the homestand's attendance to reach 400,000.

There have been 1,605,543 fans so far, meaning we'd have to average 38,735 fans for the remaining 36 games to reach 3,000,000.

36 home games remaining. I'll go ahead and assume they'll sellout this weekend. They begin their next homestand July 25 with a three game weekend series against Houston. Odds are, they'll sellout that series, too. Undoubtedy, they'll sellout the four games against Chicago, and probably the next weekend series against Washington. The Monday, August 11 game against Washington at 1pm will likely fall short because it is on a Monday -- probably not as an attractive as a Thursday daygame. But, think about that. The Milwaukee Brewers will probably sellout 14 straight games.

Saturdays and Sundays are slamdunk sellouts. The Sabathia trade may be enough to push Friday nights to a slamdunk sellout status, too. The Brewers may be hurt by a ten game homestand in early September, including six weekday games (including the night where the Packers are on MNF). I wouldn't underestimate the CC Sabathia mania -- it seems it will drive ticket sales the rest of the year.

Archived