Brewer Fanatic

Corey Hart on Jim Rome (7/8/08); Latest: On XM-175 as well

Andrew Siciliano, Rome's fill-in today, is beyond annoying. I hope Corey comes on soon, because the last 20 minutes have been a total waste of my hearing.

I didn't think it was possible to be worse than Jay Mohr, but he's proving me wrong. I won't even get into his Favre opinions.

Anyway, I agree that the Brewers front office is doing a great job with this...they even put the I Hart New York shirt behind Rock and BA last night.

I cant speak for Andrew filling in today for Rome, but I really enjoy listening to Andrew on FSR. I agree, Jay Mohr is ridiculously annoying and he really needs to go away. It already sucks that he is filling in again before Rome returns.

Im looking forward to the Hart interview, but I can't listen until tomorrow

I haven't listened to the show today, but Mohr was just an idiot yesterday. A caller complained about Varitek going to the AS game, and Mohr got all over the caller, instead of the logical thing to do and agree.

I cant speak for Andrew filling in today for Rome, but I really enjoy listening to Andrew on FSR. I agree, Jay Mohr is ridiculously annoying and he really needs to go away. It already sucks that he is filling in again before Rome returns.

Im looking forward to the Hart interview, but I can't listen until tomorrow

mohr is funny but doesn't deserve to be doing a sports show. he actually said that prince was a pitcher and we had the fattest starting rotation in baseball yesterday before correcting himself. He also still though Braun played 3rd and seemed fixated on that our starting infield all had made up names. He's funny when he calls in for 3 minutes, but he can't hold a 3 hour talk show. He was actually banned by priemer for making off beat comments about Nancy Reagan for 4 years before making his return.

Jay Mohr was great yesterday. You guys obviously don't understand him. He was hilarious. He's not trying to be a serious sports radio host, he was just out there to piss as many people as possible off in a 3 hour span. I thought it was great.

Jay had a few funny moments, and I did like when he took calls and just messed with the people who never had any good takes anyways. I get it. I understand his angle.

But that still doesn't stop him from being overly loud and obnoxious at times. Basically, for the biggest sports talk show that has over 200 affiliates, they could do a hell of a lot better for a fill-in than Jay Mohr.

He also still though Braun played 3rd and seemed fixated on that our starting infield all had made up names.

I was really annoyed by that, he was going on and on about our infield and including Braun in that. Come on, he's the starting LEFT FIELDER for the National League All Stars. He was annoying and even painful to listen to, he wasn't funny at all.

If you think Mohr and Andrew are bad, just wait until later this week when that duo comes in and makes you want to jump through the radio and punch them both in the face.

Are you talking about the Sklaar brothers?

Also, for those who didn't hear any interviews, did Corey have anything interesting to say, or was it basically a fluff thing?

Rome's fill-in promised not to make any lame "Sunglasses at Night" jokes.

He was on ESPNEWS' Hot List yesterday too. One guy asked if he was going to make a "Sunglasses at Night" joke and he said No way. He's probably heard enough of those already.

Also, for those who didn't hear any interviews, did Corey have anything interesting to say, or was it basically a fluff thing?

Pretty fluffy for the most part...the most interesting thing he had to say was express sympathy for Aaron Rodgers since he himself "had been stuck behind veterans" in the past

XM review:

- sunglasses at night as bumper music to start the segment with clips of Jim & Bob calling home runs

- Dibble talking about Corey Hart (the musician) references

- Now he has a Corey Hart (the musician) poster in his garage

- Dibble says some guys don't want to do "the tour" to get nominated, has respect for Corey .. Corey leads the NL vote

- Corey says he might never get the chance again to be an all-star, so why not

- players have been voting for him in the clubhouse

- Corey talks about the excitement regarding CC... small market team picking up the big guy...

- Corey's response to Dibble saying Sabathia hit the back of the bullpen with a HR: "Jesus!"

- Dibble talks about the Corvette factory in Bowling Green

- Corey responds that he now lives in AZ, but grew up 10 minutes from it

- Kennedy talks about Corey's dad being a competitive softball player

- Dibble asking about JJ's hot streak

- Corey doesn't recall seeing a guy as hot as JJ is right now

- Kennedy talking about Ryan Braun hitting tape-measure blasts in S/T

- Corey mentions Braun's work ethic

- Dibs asks how many SB's corey wants... "25 would be a good number"

- Dibs wants him to go for 30/30

- Kennedy talks about days with Skaalen back at San Diego State and in the minors

- Corey: Skaalen not about the mechanics, tries to work with what you do ... doesn't try to change you too much

If you think Mohr and Andrew are bad, just wait until later this week when that duo comes in and makes you want to jump through the radio and punch them both in the face.

Are you talking about the Sklaar brothers?

Sorry, I meant Money and Petros. I loathe them...

i finally listened to the interview with Hart. I kept cracking up because Corey was such a goof-ball. he would answer a question and just start chuckling under his breath.

overall a good interview. how was the XM one? more of the same?

Archived