Brewer Fanatic

My Brewers Confessional

Pedro

My Brewers confessionals:

1) I was always a fan of Brooks Kieschnick and Trent Durrington.

2) I thought Rafael Roque was going to be good someday (How wrong was I?)

3) I've never been a TGJ guy.

4) The more I am exposed to statistics and how "stats guys" look at the game, the more I realize they're right more often than not.

5) I used to think bobbleheads were lame, now I am thinking about getting a 10-pack next year for all of the bobblehead days.

6) Geoff Jenkins is my all-time favorite Brewer

I could come up with more, but six is good for now. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

p.s.: I believe the wave is lame under any and all circumstances. It was fun when I was 10, not so much now.

Also, I still believe in Bill Hall.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Back in high school, when were we pretty bad, I missed a class field trip to the Brewers game because my family wanted to go to the Bahamas. I pleaded with my parents to change the dates, but I had no luck. Turned out the game was on WGN as we were playing the Cubs. The game went into the 17th inning I believe, and I was able to watch all of it from my room. My classmates had to leave after the 11th, and when I tried to brag that I caught all of it, they scolded me for watching a Brewer game in the Bahamas. Had we won, it would have been the highlight of my trip.

I haven't gone through and read every post in this thread, but I can't help but feel as though Pedro took the words right out of my mouth. I just don't think the Brewers will get it done. I grew tired of this lineup's incredible inconsistency long ago. The real problem with this team will prove to be the unwillingness to replace a player like Weeks. If they're serious about going for it this year, either Brian Roberts or Ray Durham will be playing 2nd base by the end of the month. I pick on Weeks because he's currently the weakest link in this offense, imo. There are others who need to pick it up or be replaced as well.

One thing Weeks has proven is that when he gets on base he scores. The team acts as though he has some mythical presence which means whenever Rickie Weeks is on base he has this magical ability to make the hitters behind him drive him in. Did they ever stop to consider that having a player who gets on base more might mean they get even more run-scoring out of the leadoff? As I said in the vent thread, good teams don't struggle this often against bad pitchers.

- I believed the Brewers when they said Gagne was just uncomfortable in the 8th inning while in Boston. He would be lights out in Milwaukee as our closer.

- I believe the Brewers when they said Gagne would be just fine in the 8th inning since he has experience from Boston.

Sometimes being a Brewer fan defies logic.

I confess that I still believe in Rickie Weeks and I dont know why.

I confess that I was in favor of signing Gagne.

I confess that I was and still am dead set against trading LaPorta for CC.

I confess that I have absolutely no faith in this team and will be shocked if we make the playoffs.

I confess that I will be devastated if we miss the playoffs again this season.

I confess that I have absolutely no faith in this team and will be shocked if we make the playoffs.

I confess that I will be devastated if we miss the playoffs again this season.

That pretty sums up the Brewers experience for me.

I confess I read through most of this thread.

I confess I can't stand crappy people even more now.

I confess I thought it was a bad idea at first to make people wait until the AB was over to return to their seats at Coors Field.

I confess I used to like the wave until I reached the approximate age of 12.

I confess I secretly hope the 10 year old that already has 4 balls from earlier in the game who runs from the 20th row down to the dugout every time he thinks another ball is coming that way accidentally slips and falls and injures himself bad enough so he can't run down the stairs any more.

I confess I can't stand that kids parents.

I will now recite my 10 "Roll Out the Barrel"s and 15 "Take Me Out to the Ballgame"s.

Archived