Brewer Fanatic

A potential playoff "would you rather"

RyDogg66

Is this jumping the gun, of course it is, but play along.

Would you rather finish with the 2nd best record, to the Cubs, win the wild card and play on the road against Philly in a 5 game series (Also vs. Hamels, a lefty) or finish first with the best record, ahead of the Cubs and have homefield vs. the D'Backs but face Webb and Haren (RHPs) in a short series?

I would take the Dback series, because then I could try and get to a game! I don't think I will be able to afford the ticket to fly into Milwaukee. I am rooting for the Dbacks now.

edit - obviously I root for the Brewers when they play Arizona.

Id rather make the playoffs period

In the hypothetical, we have already made the playoffs. You didnt answer the question posed however. If your answer is "I dont care" then why bother with the thread?

I have a feeling that this is a touch premature...you know we had more going for us last year...and nothing...

So does this mean that we cant talk about the playoffs until we have it clinched? I thought it was legitimate since Arizona is the worse team with the better 1-2 pitching punch and Philly throws a left hander which the Brewers usually do better with.. Maybe I will repost the thread in September assuming we are still doing as well as we are now.

I have a feeling that this is a touch premature...you know we had more going for us last year...and nothing...

I hear what you're saying, but I think he covered himself with the caveat at the beginning.

I would take the home games.

I'd rather finish first and play at home! Our home record is outstanding...our road record not so good! I'm too lazy to look up stats, but don't we historically play well against the D-Backs anyways? Also, they may throw Webb and Haren at us...but we'll counter with Sheets and C.C. We would also have Branyan in the line-up instead of Hallhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

how about another hypothetical, this one being even more out there... (and not trying to hijack the thread)

would you rather win the division and have the cubs get the wild card or have the cardinals win the division and the brewers make the wild card?

how about another hypothetical, this one being even more out there... (and not trying to hijack the thread)

would you rather win the division and have the cubs get the wild card or have the cardinals win the division and the brewers make the wild card?

Ohhh, that's a tough one! But I'd still rather be in first and play at home. The Cubs would have to go on the road then!

I do NOT want to play Arizona in the playoffs. They're pitching is off the charts. I'll take my chances with Philly, and I'm rooting for the Dodgers to win the West.

Would you rather part II:

In the 7th game of the WS would you rather send Ben or CC to the mound???

I think I would always want to play more games at home. It might have worried me more before the trade when Soup or Parra would be facing Haren, but now I feel confident that Sabathia gives us a heck of a better chance, so I'll take the home games.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Arizona is not going to make the playoffs. LA will.

In this thread, Arizona makes the playoffs. If one thing is certain here at BF.net, it is that when one person sets up a hypothetical, rather than addressing said hypothetical, BF.net posters say that the hypothetical will never happen, or hasnt happened, or cant happen. That is why it is called a hypothetical people. You either play along or you dont play at all.

Lets try another one.

You can either by stuck on a deserted island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean with

a - A never ending fountain of beer and a tree that grows pepperoni pizza; or

b - Jessica Alba (or insert favorite female celeb here)

you see here, instead of saying that neither of these would ever happen, you instead try to determine which scenario you would prefer.

Getting back to the above scenario, I think I would also have to take my chances with Arizona at home. Webb and Haren scare me, but so does Philly's offense and the thought of an NLCS on the road against Chicago.

That is why it is called a hypothetical people. You either play along or you dont play at all.
Well hypothetically, I could play along half way. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

This franchise, for whatever reason, has always seemed to play well against good pitchers and play like crap monsters against mediocre pitchers. That, combined with the advantages of playing at home in the first place, would make me lean heavily toward taking the division and facing Webb/Haren.

Archived