Brewer Fanatic

Anyone been to AT&T in San Francisco?

Teatoe993

I'm flying out next weekend and am looking to get some seats to the Friday game. But I don't know where the best seats are for the money. I'm looking to go cheap ($33 a seat or less) just in case my flight causes me to miss the game. I've got good seats for the Sunday game. If anyone has been to AT&T and has recommendations, please let me know.

I also need some tourist ideas to do around the city when not at the ballpark.

Thanks.

Funny, I was just about to put a thread out on this series. I'll be at all three games, in FB108 and FB109 right behind the Brewers' dugout. Love those field boxes, especially since to get to your seats, you go past the hallway between the dugout and the Brewers' clubhouse so you see a lot of the players. Last year as I was coming back from concessions between innings, Big Ben was walking back from the clubhouse at the same time and gave me a smile and raised fist as he saw me double-fisting in my Brew Crew gear. The bad part is that after they got swept that series, I was close enough to yell "C'mooooon Ned!" and "We need you, Ben!" as the team slumped through the hallway...I'm a little embarrassed about it now, but that series was a backbreaker.

ANYWAY, as far as seats go, have you checked craigslist? Season ticket holders who sell on there can "relay" the tickets to an account you set up with a credit-card at the Giants' site once you Paypal them. Then you just show up at the park, stick your card in one of the machines they have out front and they'll spit them out. If that doesn't work, StubHub has their offices right by there...I believe you can go by there on the day of the game and see what's available.

I saw yesterday your brother lives in Sacto...he'll probably be able to give you tourist ideas, but let me know. My one tip is that I always suggest people avoid Fisherman's Wharf unless they're taking a Bay cruise or going to Alcatraz (both of which I would reccomend)....there are places like Fisherman's Wharf (overpriced food, tacky "attractions," places to buy cheap trinkets) in most cities. Chinatown at night for drinks and dinner, a walk across the Golden Gate Bridge, a cable car ride, a Mission burrito, beers at Magnolia or Hobson's in the Haight, walking through Golden gate Park down to the Pacific...those are all great things to do for the first-timer.

Kind of off topic, but I just got back from SF and listen to SeriesFinale when he says avoid Fisherman's Wharf. I found Little Italy (North Shore??) and the John Muir national forest to be the best.

Of course when I was out there, SFG were out of town. Really wanted to see that park.

That park is freakin' awesome. Probably my favorite stadium ever. I liked sitting down the 3rd baseline so I had the ocean in my view.

Yep, Fisherman's Wharf sucks. I don't see what the tourist draw is, as that was boring and stupid. Chinatown was much more entertaining and Gobias is right about Muir.

I went to 3 Brewers games awhile back....I sat in the lower level 1B side, lower level LF and right next to the foul pole by the splash landing area.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

While you're going to Muir (which I would also highly recommend), you're right by Mt. Tamalpais, which affords amazing views of pretty near the entire Bay Area

My favorite thing about San Francisco isn't necessarily the city itself but its environs...you're really close to Wine Country, the coast, the redwoods, the Santa Cruz Mountains, and just farther afield (between 2 and 3 hours or so) Mendocino County, Monterey/Big Sur, the Sierras, and Yosemite

Edit: Thought I'd illustrate the thread a little bit. Here's me on top of Mt. Tam last year...San Francisco is just beyond my left shoulder. Hazy day but you get the picture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/SeriesFinale75/IMG_2203.jpg

To give you an idea of what the walkway to the Field Club Box seats are like, my wife snapped this photo of Yo signing autographs before one of the games last year...the players are right there

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/SeriesFinale75/IMG_2542.jpg

Seat views, including the highlight of last year's @SF series, a beautiful Braunie jack

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/SeriesFinale75/IMG_2548.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/SeriesFinale75/IMG_2575.jpg

Lastly, the Acme Chophouse at the Park is a nice place for a pre- or post-game drink, especially if your team wins. Which unfortunately wasn't the case for LouisEly and I last year. I was so upset I couldn't even open my eyes, apparently.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/SeriesFinale75/IMG_2530.jpg

How did I know a picture of those two clowns would end up in this thread?

Sorry Joel, won't be able to make it up this year. When you see what I am doing this weekend (thread to come later this week) you will understand why.

(P.S. - did you get a new cell phone #? I was at Thursday's game - an enjoyable pounding of the Cubs - and I called you but it said it was not in service or something.)

Im gonna try to go out there next year, so I'll keep those tips in mind. Tito, Evan Gritzon lives out there now. But he said you can get tickets dirt cheap on Stubhub because the team is so lousy this year attendance is very low. Try looking there. He told me he got descent seats for around 12 bucks each.

Corey

PS Where's yer fantasy money?

AWESOME park. I was out in Napa/San Fran last week for vacation and the gf and I went to the Cubs/Giants game on Monday (she's a Cub's fan). We were about 25 rows behind home plate, but from the looks of it, it really didn't look like there was a bad seat in the house.

I'll echo skipping Fisherman's Wharf and hitting up Muir Woods. Alcatraz is cool too if you're into that kind of thing.

"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

• 2 weeks later...

Archived