Brewer Fanatic

Derby Update - Braun Is In

Menotti80
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the guy pitching to Braun during the derby throws some in the dirt do you think he'll still swing? Zing!

Seriously though I kind of wish he wasn't in it cause of the hole hand thing, but I guess maybe it's not really a deal anymore? I don't even know if I'd watch anyway, Chris Berman yelling "Back back back!" is what I imagine hell to be like.

I am excited. Finally I get to root for someone I like.

Prince was in the derby just last year. Didn't you root for him or don't you like him? Just wondering.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I am pretty anti all star game. i have this impression that anytime a brewer goes to the all star game they suck for the rest of the year. Maybe its cause Carlos Lee blamed his second half free fall a few years back on being in the home run derby and screwing up his swing and because it seems that capuano that hasn't won a game since he went to the game.

Because of that, I dont want braun to go with his bad hand, I dont want sheets pitching there, I dont want hart to win the last spot. I would rather have all these guys stay home, rest up, heal up what ever that have banged up.

Chris Berman will host the Derby -- which will also be available in high definition -- and will be joined on the field by analyst Steve Phillips and Morgan. "Baseball Tonight" host Karl Ravech will be joined by analysts Peter Gammons, John Kruk and Rick Reilly in-studio for further commentary. Erin Andrews will report and provide interviews on the field.

Chris Berman, Joe Morgan and Steve Phillips?!?!?!? Each is worse than the next. Does anyone have the lineup so that I can minimize the time I have to watch this abomionation and still see Braun?

Erin Andrews is the only saving grace...

http://www.mixmakers.net/images/erin-andrews/erin-andrews-big7.jpg

Erin Andrews is the only saving grace...

Amen. If only we could dig up that picture hawing took at a Badgers basketball game that caught EVERYONE in the arena with their eyes fixed on Erin Andrews instead of the game. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I see that Braun picked his agent to pitch to him. I am really surprised that he didn't pick Mota or Gagne. Maybe he couldn't choose between the two and this was his way out.

Chris Berman, Joe Morgan and Steve Phillips?!?!?!?

Weren't there Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?

(Honestly, it will be intolerable.)

i am thinking about watching at a bar. that way i dont have to listen to: "back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back GONE!!!!!"

sorry i know that was excessive

i am thinking about watching at a bar. that way i dont have to listen to: "back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back back GONE!!!!!"

sorry i know that was excessive

But not nearly as annoying as the real thing.

In honor of Josh Hamilton's 1st Rd. HR Derby exhibition, my PS2 turned itself on, loaded up, and then froze.

'Video game numbers' don't even do justice to that display. Holy cow!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Like I said on another board - do not be surprised if we ever find out Josh Hamilton is on the juice.

I'm just sayin'...

If you read the stories written about Hamilton, you'd find out that he's tested for every drug under the sun by MLB 3 times a week...I'd think if he was taking steroids, they would show up in the tests. If you're talking about HGH or any other designer PEDs, then no, I wouldn't be surprised, because most players probably are.

It's a good story now, but it's a shame that we can't enjoy anyone's success without someone questioning it. I'm sure there's whispers about Ryan Braun being on something after his early success, too.

Twitter

Anybody else catch some of the comments made by Rick Reilly during the derby? I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

What, "Who needs steroids!?" "Hey, we have 8 white guys in this thing!" and "It's a bad night for atheists!" aren't tasteful comments?

Twitter

Anybody else catch some of the comments made by Rick Reilly during the derby? I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Oh, good, I wasn't the only one. The whole "there are too many white guys" bit was kind of an ongoing train wreck.

Edit: I did a quick blog search with Google, and there is kind of a general uproar about it already.

Archived