Brewer Fanatic

Ray Durham -- Latest: Trade completed? Ford and Hammond to the Giants for sure, no Taschner

I don't think 1250 ever broke a story in their lives.

(Plus, all we have is a poster claiming to hear this on 1250)

!250 is the station that informed me that Bedard and Harden were only rentals as they were are the last year of their contracts. Well done boys. Well done.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fox Sports National Radio was discussing a report that the Brewers will acquire Street, and oohing and ahing over how good the Brewers will be. Of course they then said they were citing a report by Tom Haudricourt, so they're likely just behind a couple hours.

The problem with the idea that C Angel Salome is serving a suspension is that Michael Brantley is also suspended...yet he started.

The suspensions are staggered, so that the Stars are not hamstrung in regard to their roster.

If that deal inclided Mota or Gagne to even out some of the dollars, and provide more gain for the Brewers, i suppose could believe it. Unloading a few million bicks might be worth a minor leaguer.

I'm just looking through the Giants minor leagues to see who might be interesting:

Eugene Espineli looks good, lefty, reliever now, was starter last year.

Adam Cowart has decent numbers, but he seems to have been a year older than his league.

Joseph Martinez, see above

I guess there's a couple of arms that could be worth having, depending on the trade. Salome might not be seen as having a future with the Crew. Kendall will probably be here next year, and the team probably has faith in Lucroy. This is probably crazy, but they could see trading Salome as a benefit so that Lucroy can be promoted to AA and face better competition.

Durham and Weeks in some kind of "go with who is hot" combo improves the team, without a doubt.

Yeah, I also made this suggestion last week I think, and I think it's probably the best way to upgrade the position without having to give up too much.

If Angel is part of the trade, it would probably be to the A's, or some AL team. If the Brewers think he can catch, he's a B+ prospect in the NL...maybe even an A- if they think his defense and instincts behind the plate are going to be plus, which they have the potential to be. Unless the Giants are footing the entire bill for the trade, this can't be right.

1250 went off of the stories by jsonline. I think its for Tauchner and its even more believable since he didn't play today. 1250 does seem to over excite us with internet rumors (brewers got dunn last season). Haudricourt atleast seems to get some confirmation before running with a story so i am pretty confident something is going to happen before the game tomorrow.

I'm a little curious what type of deal the Giants could send our way that would necessitate Rickie's inclusion, outside of Tiny Tim, Able Cain, or, and this is quite the stretch...Brian Wilson, whose only redeeming quality is that he's a save artist (read: Joe Borowski, v.08) but he does have a good fastball.

I'm not a big fan of this deal....hopefully it doesn't disrupt the clubhouse. These young guys are very tight. If were were to make the playoffs and advance, I would rather do it with our guys, not one year rentals. CC I understand, he is a difference maker, but Durham not so much.

I was starting to think Weeks had no leash.

Durham would certainly seem to be an upgrade over Weeks at the present time. But while his .385 OBP sounds really nice - its worth pointing out that the only had a .295 OBP last year.

Durham for Ford = Good deal.

(It's also worth mentioning that Branyan has really been struggling.)

Archived