Brewer Fanatic

7/7/08 - Rockies (Jimenez) at Brewers (McClung) 7:05pm CT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can see why the Rockies are having a tough time. They went 1-10 with RISP, were given five bases on balls in 4 2/3, and were handed a run via an error, on a night when their opponent stunk up the joint....and they won by a run, which may not have happened if that shot Braun hit hadn't hit the mound.

The Brewers were just plain flat most of the night, I hope that's over in one game, the Rockies are a team that you have to beat up on at home.

my dreams of a 10-0 homestand have been dashed! Hopefully McClung figures it out for Saturday. 9-1 baby!
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Kind of an unlucky game (though the brewers were lucky to have kapler and counsel on base in the 8th). Both the pickoffs were close plays as was the stolen base by the rockies which result in a run. Braun hit two balls hard with men in scoring position that ended up being 4 outs instead.

Can't win em all.

Ugh, too bad tonight. Some bad breaks, but still...take care of fundamental things

1. Don't get picked off base (particularly when you've had some close throws but keep taking big leads anyway)

2. Don't walk the pitcher when he is up there trying to bunt

3. Get in front of grounders to 3rd instead of giving them the Roger Dorn olé treatment

and we probably win this game.

Oh well, still looking forward to being in the house tomorrow for CC's first start!

What really sucks is if Braun had hit a weak grounder or a flyball, we'd be tied right now..

I doubt it. I'm sure if Prince were the tieing run, they would have brought in the lefty to face him. Prince has not hit lefties well at all this year.

Community Moderator

It's unfortunate that my bad feelings were proven right, although the comeback was nice.

Given our franchise history, I'm actually worried about tonight, not excited like I should be. The national media is going to be analyzing this game like crazy, we need to win if we want to be taken seriously.

Archived