Brewer Fanatic

7/7/08 - Rockies (Jimenez) at Brewers (McClung) 7:05pm CT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think McClung wants to kill this ump.

A lot of it is on Seth, but i hate umps that only call pitches right down the middle as strikes

Some of those breakers were strikes to any ump ever. I am not excusing Clunger.

I think McClung wants to kill this ump.

A lot of it is on Seth, but i hate umps that only call pitches right down the middle as strikes

Some of those breakers were strikes to any ump ever. I am not excusing Clunger.

I'm not disagreeing with you, a couple of the walks by Seth were total garbage because the strike zone is nothing on the corners, nothing at or above the belt, and knee high pitches are low.

I wish our manager was smart enough not to bring in his long reliever when he has to bat the next inning.
So russ, what should he have done.. they blew threw the bullpen yesterday.. with bases loaded he wanted someone to throw strikes (rules out Gagne/Stetter).. obviously not a situation for Meltdown Mota and no way he brings in his closer there.. so the choice is either villy or shouse..

What was Ned supposed to do, potentially let Seth blow the game open to where we are down 4-5 runs?

He could put in another reliever for the one out?

There wasn't another relief pitcher up

I'm no fan of Yost, but i can't blame him at all in that situation. He can't go getting up multiple relief pitchers early in games jut in case the pitcher starts getting in trouble, especially after the night before the starter left after three innings and the whole pen was used.

Edit--I guess he could have done a double switch though and maybe take out Counsell, but either way, i don't have an issue there. I'm just glad Yost didn't try to squeeze one more out from Seth to avoid the pitcher batting and Seth serves up a base clearing hit.

Archived