Brewer Fanatic

08/24/06 - Rockies (Fogg) @ Brewers (Ohka), 1:05pm CDT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Madison...i like your picture because the brooms look old and not used in a while. Perfect

Those brooms were probably the ones used along with the infamous sweep suits, http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif .

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Has anyone mentioned yet that the Brewers play the Cardinals six times in the last two weeks of the season, including the final three? Still an extreme longshot, but that September schedule is really weak. It would at least be fun for them to stay close enough so that those six games against the Cardinals mean something.

EDIT: whoops, I missed that October game. They actually play STL seven times in the last two weeks. All I ask is that they stay within seven games so there is at least a shred of meaning at the end of the season.

Quote:
Has anyone mentioned yet that the Brewers play the Cardinals six times in the last two weeks of the season, including the final three? Still an extreme longshot, but that September schedule is really weak. It would at least be fun for them to stay close enough so that those six games against the Cardinals mean something.

If all six games mean something that will be fantastic. Because if the last 3 games of the year mean somethign (besides just trying to break 500) we've got some fun, fun baseball left ahead of us.

Check it out! I'm Tomokazu Ohka of the Montreal Expos! -- Bart Simpson

Wow, what a weird but encouraging game.

Four RBIs for the first-time-left-hitting pitcher? Wha?

(not to mention, more offense from the Brewers' pitcher than the opponent's pitcher)

Twelve runs on thirteen hits - for the Brewers? Whaaa?

And a sweep. These guys continue to simultaneously torment and delight me.

Miscellaneous thoughts from my day at the ballpark:

The view from section 206 is better than I expected. All we couldn't see was the right field corner - which also holds for our usual location in the terrace box. And had a home run ricocheted just so off the right field foul pole, it would have been totally mine.

The 206 vantage point is especially fine for tracking the complete arc of a Prince Fielder homerun that caroms off the batter's eye. All I could do was immediately stand and cheer because it was *so* obvious it was gone. (Not saying I didn't enjoy Bill Hall's HR too.)

I finally had some Cactus League Nachos. They are pretty good.

On to Florida, fellas. Don't let your nation down.

P.S. SgtClueLs, you have a new job on bf.net. Heck, petition Brian to get you put on staff as IGT starter. I'd second that.

Edited to correct the Simpsons quote.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Was at the game today, great crowd of over 35,000. In the first inning there was the largest thunder i had ever heard. Princ's bomb straight center field, you knew it was gone when he hit it. Tomo's pitched ok but with 2 hits and 4 rbi's. It was good to see geoff have a good day.

Hawing, where are your seats normally?

My father-in-law usually sits in 421 row 6 of the terrace box. Perhaps you've talked to him before. That'd be weird.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

My father-in-law usually sits in 421 row 6 of the terrace box.

We're usually in 417 (family section), either row 5 or 6. This is for a 20 game package. We'd rather see more games per year in cheaper seats than fewer in a pricey section.

This year, the Brewers offered 20 game ticket holders a voucher to upgrade to the next priciest level for one game. We picked today's because 417 (indeed, the whole terrace) is a madhouse on kids and senior citizen days. But we didn't do the exchange until last week, so the ticket guy apologized for putting us in the farthest out corner of 206. However, I liked the seats.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

yeah, that's what my father-in-law has, 20-game package. He and his daughter (my wife's sister) go with the Sunday plus package every year. My wife and I bought the initial package in the first MP season and we've gone half-sies with them since. I still wonder if they've ever done the free club-seat thing.

The Brewers always send the season-ticket stuff to me here in AZ and I end up looking at it all and sending it to them. I was so pumped when I found out we were getting a free media guide this year and then totally bummed when it was a certificate redeemable at the fan zone.

well it sounds like your 4 sections over at about the same height (row 6). That's cool.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived