Brewer Fanatic

08/24/06 - Rockies (Fogg) @ Brewers (Ohka), 1:05pm CDT

sgtcluels

Colorado Rockies (59 - 67)

Josh Fogg RHP (9-7, 4.62 ERA, 1.48 WHIP)

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2006/03/26/iXPUVumz.jpg

Fogg pitched five solid innings against Arizona on Thursday, dominating for the first three before losing command and letting up three runs in the fourth. He left the game with the bases loaded and nobody out in the sixth, but was saved by the bullpen. Fogg has thrown at least five innings in 21 of 25 starts, allowing three or fewer earned runs in 19 of his starts.

@

Milwaukee Brewers (61 - 65)

Tomokazu Ohka RHP (3-3, 4.01 ERA, 1.34 WHIP)

http://images.sportsnetwork.com/mlb/getty/milwaukee/2006/ohka_tomo.jpg

Ohka pitched well in his last start, allowing a hit to just one of the final 20 batters he faced, including 12 consecutive outs to end his outing. But his second-inning throwing error let in an Astros run and cost him what would have been his first win since July 23. Ohka is 0-2 with a 6.00 ERA in his last six starts. In Ohkas last 4 Day game starts, his ERA drops to 3.38 and his WHIP drops to 1.25.

TV: N/A

Radio: 620 WTMJ.

Next Series

Brewers (23 - 39 Away) travel to Miami metro area to face NL East's Florida Marlins (60 - 66, 31 - 30 at home) for a 4 game series starting Friday the 25th

Friday Brewers Dave Bush, RHP 9-9, 4.71 ERA, 1.21 WHIP @ Marlins Ricky Nolasco, RHP 11-8, 4.14 ERA, 1.34 WHIP, 6:35 p.m. CT

Saturday Brewers Doug Davis, LHP 9-7, 4.89, 1.57 WHIP @ Marlins Dontrelle Willis, LHP 8-10, 4.07 ERA, 1.48 WHIP, 5:05 p.m. CT

Sunday Brewers Chris Capuano, LHP 11-8, 3.55 ERA, 1.21 WHIP @ Marlins Anibal Sanchez, RHP 5-2, 3.44 ERA, 1.27 WHIP, 12:05 p.m. CT

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, I was just going to post a comment about Fogg's sideburns, you just beat me to it! :P

I hope Ohka can put together back to back good outings.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Brewers

Gross, LF

Graffanino, 2B

Fielder, 1B

Hall, SS

Nix, CF

Jenkins, RF

Bell, 3B

Miller, C

Ohka, P

Rockies

Carroll, 2B

Helton, 1B

Atkins, 3B

Holliday, LF

Hawpe, RF

Spilborghs, CF

Barmes, SS

Ardoin, C

Fogg, P

We have the return of the master of the barrel roll, and Jenkins second start in a row. lol

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Okay, here's for my "Blind Optimist/Blind Stupidity Statement of the Day" #1: Considering Geoff Jenkins success against Fogg; he will pop back into gear today getting at least 2 hits with one of them being a long ball. This will sky rocket his confidence and we will see a mini Jenkins hot streak forcing Ned to start him a few more games. This will lead to a slight climb up the WC standings.

Request. Can we please not fill 50% of this thread up with Jenkins bashing. He's having a horrible year. It's suprising he's playing at all at this point. We all know this.

Please? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Okay, here's for my "Blind Optimist/Blind Stupidity Statement of the Day" #1: Considering Geoff Jenkins success against Fogg; he will pop back into gear today getting at least 2 hits with one of them being a long ball. This will sky rocket his confidence and we will see a mini Jenkins hot streak forcing Ned to start him a few more games. This will lead to a slight climb up the WC standings.

If that happens I would be very happy for the Brewers but even more for Jenks.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Quote:
If that's what it takes to keep this from being another Jenkins thread

It's a deal. I'm sick of all the negative "He-who-should-not-be-named" threads also. I'll stop the posts about him. This is my last and final.

Random ?: Do we hit Willis in Florida this weekend?

I agree with Jenkins getting a start today. Not only does he hit well against Josh Fogg, but he also could use a few back-to-back games to try and get some consistent at-bats.

Quote:
I'm sick of all the negative "He-who-should-not-be-named" threads also.

If Voldemort could hit Lefties AND stop killing so many people, he would be more popular on these boards.

Ahh, who am I kidding, I would be happy if he could hit lefties even with a touch MORE bloodshed!

Archived