Brewer Fanatic

I don't know that I have ever seen such a terrible "upcoming pitchers" list as now

which means that in the past, we'd likely go 1-4 against that motely crew. Now that we have Sabathia, we'll likely go 2-3.

I kid, I kid! Seriously, you're right. That is pretty putrid. Mark Redman is the one that "scares" me the most because he has handled the Brewers in the past (I don't subscribe to Baseball Reference so I can't get full stats, but I did see a 6-0 shutout win in 2006 from him--checked espn, in 2005, we went 2-2 against him but the 2 losses were well-pitched, including a shutout. In 2003, he went 3-0 against us [ugh].)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I didn't even know Mark Redman was still in the league. In 2003 in 25 IP against the Brewers he had a 1.08 ERA and a 0.84 WHIP, that's just funny.

Anyway, it would be pretty disappointing if the Brewers won fewer than 3 games in this series with the pitchers they'll be facing plus the fact the Brewers will have Sabathia/Parra/Sheets/not Jeff Suppan pitching.

I want nothing to do with a jinx, I am just saying those lines are awful

Wasn't Redman a 8-8 4.88ish "All-Star" for the Royals? One they had to take?

I still think De La Rosa can "show up" once in a while, he has bad and good outings for the Rockies this year, just like in Miltown

Buyt we will be getting Cain & Lincecum right after the all star break so it kind of evens out. I am acstatic that we miss Aaron Cook, he is exactly the type of pitcher that gives us fits, I think we need a minimum of 5-2 the rest of the homestand, 4-3 wouldn't be the end of the world but I would be disappointed. We will have CC for 2 games, Sheets for 1 (I think), and Parra for 2 games. As long as Bush/McClung and Suppan can get us 2 wins combined, I think 5 wins is pretty conservative

Amusing that you didn't mention that you'll be facing Volquez probably on Friday since he pitched yesterday. (Unless Baker decides to start him on Wednesday and again on Sunday. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif )

Edit: My bad. I see that you are using the MLB site that list the next 5 only. Volquez is Saturday followed by an underperforming Harang.

I want nothing to do with a jinx, I am just saying those lines are awful

Wasn't Redman a 8-8 4.88ish "All-Star" for the Royals? One they had to take?

I still think De La Rosa can "show up" once in a while, he has bad and good outings for the Rockies this year, just like in Miltown

Maybe one of our stats gurus can confirm/refute my perception, but I believe the 2008 version of the Brewers aren't bothered by LHP as much as they were in recent years. (This would be a great time for Billy to prove he has found his stroke again.)

You know, with the addition of Sabathia, the Brewers imo should be projected or expected to take at least 3 of these next 4 from Colorado. That's the first time I've felt that way on a 4-game series in... well, a long time.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I didn't even know Mark Redman was still in the league. In 2003 in 25 IP against the Brewers he had a 1.08 ERA and a 0.84 WHIP, that's just funny.

I understand that Mark Redman has "owned" the Brewers. But seriously, the 2003 Brewers and 2008 Brewers are two completely different dynamics.

these look like the kind of guys that brewers batters have made look like cy young in the past.

as i was saying http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Archived