Brewer Fanatic

08/25/06 - Brewers (Bush) @ Marlins (Nolasco), 6:35pm CDT

sgtcluels

as for the lineup tonight and the comparisons to a playoff team, what else were we supposed to do? Trot Barnwell out there? It's not like 3/4 of the infield (all pretty decent hitters, mind you) just decided to "get hurt". It happens and we patched it together. Graffy is doing very well. Sure, he's not a "name" player and it bugs alot of people that Weeks is out and he's in, but what are you gonna do?

Same thing with Bell taking over for Koskie.

Melvin went out and had the choice to pack it in for the year and trot out AAA guys like Barnwell and whoever else or try to find some guys to patch it up for the rest of the year. I think he made the right choice.

I totally understand how a Cardinals team or Mets team would be giggling at our lineup, similar to the Simmons article today ("Berkman and, um, that's all" and "Fielder will be a Yankee in 5 years") and, in a way, I giggle about it, too, because, the lineup doesn't have anybody that makes you say, "oh my gosh, these guys are going to be tough to beat." But it's what we've got and we have to play with it and I love to watch them no matter what--2002 not withstanding. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it could be jenkins. i mean if you look at how theyve done with him in there. maybe they are better with jenkins.. but they definetly should reserve left field for jenks vs righties and mench vs lefties.....or right .. i dont care. just as long as its not 3 youth players every day. as long aswe are in this crappy race,

Archived