Brewer Fanatic

XBOX 360 Problems

T B0NE 10

Have any of you had problems with your XBOX?

I bought mine about 2 months after launch and it broke about a month ago. Got the RROD. So I sent it in, and they sent me a new one. The new one works for a day then it gets the RROD. So I now had to send this one in. This is driving me nuts! Especially with NCAA and Madden 09 right around the corner.

I've never had a serious problem with my 360 Elite...then again I don't play it all the time. The only problem I had was I got a red flashing light once, but that was because one of my stupid friends left it on while the door to the compartment it is in the TV console was closed. Luckily I just shut it down for a couple hours and let it cool off and everything continues to work great.

Best of luck with yours!

I sent my XBOX in on Tuesday June 29th and they XBOX still says they haven't received it. What do I do if it suddenly disappears. Am I just screwed and have to shell out 300 again?

You used the MS provided box right? Contact them and tell them you sent it in. They should have it insured if it doesn't show up soon.

It still blows my mind that a company with the resources of Microsoft, in a very competitive market (unlike windows and office) just CANNOT get it right. Seriously, they're several years into this thing and still have units that die on the first day? That's just pathetic. Yugo had a better record than that.

Their launch boxes sucked because they wanted to beat Sony to market and get in before the first holiday season. The new ones are much more reliable but no piece of electronic hardware is going to have a 0% failure rate.

I sent my XBOX in on Tuesday June 29th and they XBOX still says they haven't received it. What do I do if it suddenly disappears. Am I just screwed and have to shell out 300 again?

You used the MS provided box right? Contact them and tell them you sent it in. They should have it insured if it doesn't show up soon.

Yeah,

what they should do is just give a coupon to go to best buy and get a new one

My launch Xbox (waited in line for 12 hours) lastest over 2 years with no problems when I sold it on eBay to upgrade to one with the Falcon chip and an HDMI port. I refuse to believe that so many Xbox's have produced the RROD. I wonder what the exact percentage of failures is? The friend that I waited in line with at launch still has his working launch Xbox.

Did you get atracking number from UPS?

My launch Xbox (waited in line for 12 hours) lastest over 2 years with no problems when I sold it on eBay to upgrade to one with the Falcon chip and an HDMI port. I refuse to believe that so many Xbox's have produced the RROD. I wonder what the exact percentage of failures is? The friend that I waited in line with at launch still has his working launch Xbox.

I don't know the exact percentage, but I know that my Xbox died and my brother in law's died twice.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Yeah,

what they should do is just give a coupon to go to best buy and get a new one

But then you would still have the dead one. RMA only works if they get the defective unit back.

Their launch boxes sucked because they wanted to beat Sony to market and get in before the first holiday season. The new ones are much more reliable but no piece of electronic hardware is going to have a 0% failure rate.

Sure, 0% is impossible, but we're looking at 7 busted machines in this thread. How many 360 owners/regular posters do we have here? A very liberal estimate may be what, 350? So if every one of those members with a busted system has already chimed in, that'd mean that at least 1 in 50 (2%) have busted. I know several people who are on their 3rd machine, which should be an extreme rarity.

From Wikipedia, so you know it's legit in February 2008 an examination of 1040 Xbox 360s by SquareTrade found a 16.4% failure rate; 171 were returned under warranty as "disabled", 60% of which with general hardware failure,with other sites even claiming 30% failure rates, and 10% on even the more recent models.

At least Microsoft has taken responsibility for their screw-up and offered the 3 year replacement plan. I just bought a Sony Walkman mp3 player after my second iPod died due to battery problems. I swore I would never again be hasseled by some Apple customer rep. half way around the world asking me to cut Apple a check for their defect.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived