Brewer Fanatic

8/26/06 Brewers (Davis) @ Marlins (Willis) 5:05 pm CDT

brewers255
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davis showed again tonight why he shouldn't be considered for a long term contract.

I've been waiting and waiting for the good Davis to show up again, but I'm starting to agree with this point of view. I'm sad to say it, and still hold out some hope for the guy...but right now it's hard to see him playing a prominent role in a future Brewer playoff team. Of all the poor performances this year, Davis' might be the one that hurts the most...he really didn't step up when the team needed it.

Two on no outs,well maybe we do something?

You're funny. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

The pitch Fielder struck out on looked low. Guess the ump wants this game to end as quickly as we do.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I dont know if this is a stat that can be tracked, but can ANYONE tell me when the last time Doug Davis had a 1,2,3 first inning? If this guy cant get out of the first inning without some damage, then he doesnt belong a starting pitcher. I know there is alot of DD love around here, but enough is enough. Skip his next start and give Eveland another shot.

Quote:
the bullpen scoreless innings again today, we dint lose ground on cincy...we have sheets and cappy going next.... we will split this series guys! have faith. we have lost 0 games in the wildcard this past couple days.

But that is 2 games that we could have gained in the WC. I dont know if the glass is half empty or half full.

yeah, today was just a no-win situation. It happens to every team.

However, yesterday was a very winnable game and we blew it. As a result we blew the chance to gain one game in the wild card, which, at this point of the season and for this team, was huge.

Oh, well.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived