Brewer Fanatic

CC Sabathia to the Brewers for Matt LaPorta, Zach Jackson, Rob Bryson, and Michael Brantley

And That
I hope that someday in the future, I will overhear a Cubs fan saying, 'CC bleeping Sabathia!'

Gonna go drop by nsbb.com... even with the picture sigs & Cubs fans

Don't wake them up over there...they haven't noticed us sneaking up on them yet. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In an average year I believe the wins between 85 and 90 have the highest value in terms of what they add to your chances to make the playoffs. Once you hit 90 the odds per game added starts to go down.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I may regret saying this in a couple of months, but I look at this deal in a different way.

In my opinion, the Brewers had a pretty good shot at making the playoffs without Sabathia. I think they would have even if they hadn't traded for him. This wasn't a trade to make the playoffs - this was a trade to win the World Series. Don't get me wrong, we have a long way to go before we start worrying about that, but it's true. There's a big difference between a Sheets-Sabathia-Parra playoff rotation and a Sheets-Parra-Suppan rotation. A BIG difference.

i cant believe our rotation right now

sheets and sabathia!! they could be the two best in the entire league! WOW!

and then imagine if gallardo comes back!

I AM SO PUMPED!

Thanks Attanasio for buying this team and bringing us great days like this that were unimaginable a couple years ago

Ha! Actually, they have, SoCal. One poster crapped out:

"To all the Brewswrs fans lurking here: How did having an 8.5 lead last year, with a better offense, pithing staff and bullpen work out for you? You have C.C. but a horrid pen and a very hit and miss offense.

Good luck with that.

Hendry is going to get another starter and you guys will be watching the playoffs yet again."

With a HUGE LOLZ laffy face! (ugh)

Fortunately, and the reason why I go there sometimes, sanity prevailed:

"You know we had something like an 8.5 game lead on them not long ago."

"I don't think they're going to pass us. I just thought it was dumb to start mocking Brewers fans when they've made up like 5 games on us in the past couple weeks."

NSBB Thread

EDIT: They also have the newspaper titled "Milwaukee Journal-Star". If anyone's registered over there, might want to fill them in. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The Indians have agreed to trade the ace Sabathia and two lower-level minor leaguers for a package that includes top prospect Matt LaPorta and other minor leaguers, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

That just sounds false. Someone over at Fox can't read.

EDIT:And yes Melvin has to know if he doesn't make the playoffs this year combined with not having Sheets next year making the playoffs in 2009 difficult it might mean unemployment.

You think Melvin made this move because he doesn't want to be fired? Melvin is well respected in baseball, he won't have trouble finding a job if his time in Milwaukee ends. I get the feeling that Mark A not only approves this deal, but may be pushing for it to happen. I don't think he's going to blame Melvin for a move that he wanted. This isn't the Wilpons and the Kazmir situation.

rluzinski,

This trade goes beyond the 2-3 additional wins your statistical analysis measures Sabathia to be worth. The mental boost it gives this team will far outpace 2 games. Teams respond to management going out and getting premium players.

Now if we can only convince Suppan that his shoulder is hurting and he should spend a month or so on the DL.

Teams respond to management going out and getting premium players.

Does it really have an impact? Players are playing hard regardless. They don't get magical +1 boosts from another player.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Agent39, please tell us we're not getting rid of Brantley. Please!

Brantley is in AA, LaPorta is the only AA player going, Brantley is not part of the deal.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

The inevitable meltdown of the stupid Cubs fans should be entertaining. In a way, it's already started.

Suddenly, we've gone from Sheets-?-?-?-? to Sheets-Sabathia-Parra-Bush-Suppan. Yes, the bottom two guys aren't terribly strong or consistent, but we're in this thing, baby!

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Does it really have an impact? Players are playing hard regardless. They don't get magical +1 boosts from another player.

Yeah, I have to agree. It helps the team vibe, etc., but I don't think it' going to make Rickie field the ball better, or Billy strike out less.

I don't think the McGriff comparison is apples-to-apples. He was in the lineup every single day for ATL. We're talking 7 innings, one game out of five.

Still important, though, and likely to give a boost.

Ask Atlanta if Fred McGriff only had 2 games impact.. the poster before is right.. this is not a straight comparison.. it will help our other starters, our hitters, our bullpen, protect us from injury.. etc.. etc...

Plus 2 extra games in the playoffs is huge..

I'm not sure it doesn't have some kind of small impact on the players. Similarly, I'm sure some of the Indians' guys are bound to get a little down knowing that their front office has just basically given up on the season before the All-Star break...especially when you consider how high their hopes were in February.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Green has been pulled from the line up tonight.

Brevard played this afternoon, and Green played the whole game, unless I'm missing something.

Just reporting what i heard on WSSP.

1. Get a bullpen arm.

2. Come on Rickie! If he gets on a roll, the offense will crush people.

3. I just bought tickets for Tuesday night....the big man had better pass his physical!

Agree with your first 2 points, and just spent $100 for a ticket for a 4 year old on Tuesday.

I guess you could say I'm excited.

Archived