Brewer Fanatic

CC Sabathia to the Brewers for Matt LaPorta, Zach Jackson, Rob Bryson, and Michael Brantley

And That
  • Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm on cloud nine right now. A Sheets-Sabathia-Parra rotation in the playoffs will be brutal. Imagine if Yo can come back for October. Best day of my summer thus far. I'm off to north side baseball to read about the chicago panic of 08.

I thought Bass & DiPino were in the Sutton trade.

darn it, I knew I'd screw something up. Figures, it's the one trade that I didn't look up for accuracy sake.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

When I clicked to visit pages 5 & 6, by the time I read to the bottom, there was another page on the thread. Wow.

we're starting to look like those '01 D-backs

That's an interesting comparison. I don't think CC is '01 RJ good, but it still gets me all hot & bothered as a comp.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I just want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for all of you guys/gals who posted throughout the Trades/Transactions forum... you all made my Brewer experience all the better and more enjoyable. I'm not one of those posters who normally bring "updateable" posts or even educated opinionated posts, but I truely thank those who do. To all of you...Thank you!!!!!

Go Brewers! Welcome to the Crew CC!

I would be shocked if LaPorta was given up for the goal of making the playoffs. CC was targeted because he is the only available ace and a playoff rotation of Sheets, CC and Parra as the first 3 is a rotation that can reach the WS.
Why would you be shocked? One thing I've been mulling over is that if the Brewers make the playoffs the added revenue from the playoffs and next year's attendance would mean being able to sign Sheets. If the Brewers don't make the playoffs, no Sheets next year. In which case making the playoffs becomes very important.

It also could mean whether Melvin gets an extension or not.

(fixed code --1992)

C.C.'s wikipedia page has changed to reflect his status as a Brewer, so the ink is dry on this deal.

This whole thing is pretty awesome. I am definitely excited for his first start. I am sure Miller Park will be rocking.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

What a great way to wake up from a nap. Go to check the CC thread in the trade rumor section and find it locked. I am so psyched for Tuesday's game.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I'm up to 17 benefits of this trade, (listed in reply #58) and I'm sure there are more that I haven't even thought of yet. One of the biggest, yet probably overlooked benefits could come in the form of many if not all sellouts the rest of the way at MP. That kind of revenue sure will help the team going forward.

(edit: happily linkified --1992)

Archived