Brewer Fanatic

CC Sabathia to the Brewers for Matt LaPorta, Zach Jackson, Rob Bryson, and Michael Brantley

And That
  • Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It will hurt to lose either one of these guys, but I really don't want to see LuCroy go, despite the emergence of Salome and the drafting of Lawrie.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I know there has been a number of people saying that CC is worth about 2-3 wins over the rest of the year. I believe that it could be much more than that. Let's revisit 2007 to illustrate my thinking.

Sheets got hurt for a couple weeks, and the team went into a big tailspin. Losing Sheets for a couple weeks, should only be about a 1 win difference if the same math applies.

Confidence and emotions can affect winning more than just the talents of CC. It can carry over to the 4 games that he doesn't pitch.

I would suggest you don't even need to go back that far...look what happened in teh couple weeks following the Gallardo injury.

Now, neither example is the same as adding Sabathia, the main point is the same - the positive feelings in that clubhouse have got to be off the charts right now. Whether that translates into wins and losses, obviously remains to be seen, and truth be told, we may never know - they have been winning plenty as it is.

I'm thrilled with the trade as I've stated, but I just can't wait until the Brewers are down a run in the 9th inning, the pitcher's spot is on deck, Ned looks down his bench and only sees Counsell available and tells CC to get his bat.

It WILL happen, and I can't wait for it.

If it's LuCroy, I will be very angry.

I will be too, but has Lucroy's named been thrown out in anything substantial, all I have seen is Green and Brantley (who is not one of the guys according to his agent)? I would love to hear from agent what the latest is but i am guessing he has more important things to do than post updates on a message board. Shapiro's comments seem like he is underselling the value of a Green or Lucroy. Especially when he is trying to sell this trade to the fans. I could just be over-analyzing it too.

it makes all the sense in the world to sit Soup down for a while, but everyone knows that common sense doesn't always prevail when there is big money involved. maybe a little rest would do him good like it did Hardy.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Melvin is on the radio (1250 AM) right now... he seemed to leave the possibility open that Suppan might be the odd man out of the rotation, at least before the break.

http://www.uncrate.com/men/images/2008/05/alka-seltzer-wake-up-call.jpg

Certainy would make some sense to give him a week or two to get himself right because they are going to need him in the second half.

Much has been made (and rightfully so) that the addition of a pitcher has less impact than the addition of an everyday hitter. Yet after tonight's game, the Crew should have CC on the hill for 3 of the next 7 games. The timing of this trade is astoundingly wonderful!

Much has been made (and rightfully so) that the addition of a pitcher has less impact than the addition of an everyday hitter.

It depends which pitcher and which everyday player you're talking about. I believe a position player will typically have about 10% of his team's ABs while a starting pitcher will typically pitch about 15% of his team's innings.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

WSSP just stated that the Cubs are talking to Oakland about Harden. I'd love the Cubbies to do something desperate.

Aside from the fact that dealing with Billy Bean is something that should generaly be avoided, I'm not sure I would call that desperate. The Cubs needed to add a pitcher before this deal every bit as much as they do now. Harden seems to make sense. When healthy he is a bad man, and the health issues may make him more attainable than a Burnett or the like. Perhaps a risk worth taking for the Cubs.

Perhaps a risk worth taking for the Cubs.

Oh, for the Cubs, I think absolutely. If he pans out at all, they have the coffers to retain him without question. That'd be a smart guy to target, injury WOAHs & all.

Do the Cubs have the tools to make this deal?

Knowing Hendry, the offer will likely be Gallagher + Pie or thereabouts. Beane would probably be silly to pass up an offer that contained those two.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Anyone know where I can get an avatar or pic with CC in it with photoshopped Brewer apparel?

Maybe I'm the wrong guy to ask, but I do have the market cornered on the greater mole rat avatar. See me if you are looking for one of those.

WSSP just stated that the Cubs are talking to Oakland about Harden. I'd love the Cubbies to do something desperate.

Dempster and Theriot and a couple of minor leaguers for Harden. Straight up. Do it now Cubs, DO IT NOW!!

I see at Brewers.com that in the probable pitchers they have McClung tonight, Sabathia tomorrow, Sheets Wednesday, Bush Thursday and Suppan Friday. Looks like Parra's getting a pass this time through.

Archived