Brewer Fanatic

CC Sabathia to the Brewers for Matt LaPorta, Zach Jackson, Rob Bryson, and Michael Brantley

And That
  • Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wouldn't it be hilarious if they asked Hall to learn to play right next year if Gamel sticks at 3b..

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/c0525cb4c8926d1a4801c9201df88ae2c6220a8.jpg

Uh, Bill? I'm gonna have to ask you to go ahead and ask you to move to right field. And if you could take care of that seagull problem we've been having out there, that would be greeeeeat.

Uh, Bill? I'm gonna have to ask you to go ahead and ask you to move to right field. And if you could take care of that seagull problem we've been having out there, that would be greeeeeat.

I hope someone bought fire insurance on Miller Park.

brewerjamie15 wrote:

Apparently CC T shirts are available for tomorrow. They will be around tonight at the park.

So what's their excuse for taking several weeks to get 3TO shirts?

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

This sucks, not the trade of course, but the not knowing who the final piece of the prospect puzzle is going to be.

Shapiro's comment of the player "has an outside shot at being an everyday major leaguer," can be taken an number of different ways.

Most logically a prospect that isn't a sure bet to be an everyday major leaguer after he works his way through the minors. Taylor Green seems like a solid bet to at least a decent major leaguer, so perhaps it isn't him. Players that I would think fit the "outside shot" mold: Gwynn Jr., Gillespie, Errecart, Cain, Brewer.

Or perhaps the rumor that came out earlier did have some legitamacy that the player Cleveland recieves means that the player is determinite on how well the Brewers do over a set time period. In which case anyone is up for grabs even JJ or Rickie. This isn't likely but is exponetially more terriffing.

My guess, and I do definitely say that this is my guess, is that the players are Brent Brewer, Lorenzo Cain, or Caleb Gindl.

The "different timelines" thing suggest a couple of things to me:

1) If it is one year after they are signed before they can be traded instead of one year after they are drafted, it could involve a technicality that could mean someone else picked last year could be on the list (but didn't sign right away). Scarpetta? Zarraga?

B) More likely, there is language in the deal that "if you don't select (said player) by (a certain date), we reserve the right to trade him and remove him from the list". Meaning that Melvin is not done looking at trades, and something else is in the works.

3) Given that the PTBNL needs to be named within six months, that eliminates anyone in this years draft class.

With the influx of pitching drafted this year, I hope it is someone like Anundsen, Periad, Scarpetta, or Hand. They can be replaced more easily than Green.

Shapiro's comment of the player "has an outside shot at being an everyday major leaguer," can be taken an number of different ways.

The way I take that comment is that it means that the player is at the low level of the minors (A ball or rookie) and has high potential - i.e. they haven't proven they can make the jump from A to AA, considered the most difficult jump in the minors. Thus Green (unfortunately), Brewer (hopefully), Braddock (hopefully not), Lucroy (hopefully not), Periad, Anundsen, Gindl, Scarpetta, Zarraga, and Nieves most likely fit the bill. With the reports that they had scouts at BC, my bet is on one of the first four.

The good news is that the worst possible scenario is that we still keep two of Green, Braddock, and Lucroy. I can live with that.

Edit - the "everyday" comment slipped by me; thus probably meaning a position player, thus probably Green, Lucroy, or Brewer. Hopefully Brewer...

Should we be rooting for a Taylor Green injury to decrease his odds of being in the trade?

Are you also rooting for an injury to Sheets and CC so we can sign both of them next year?

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

agent39 is going to love this. Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer is expecting the PTBNL is Michael Brantley. Just heard that on ESPNEWS, being interviewed by Linda Cohn.

The same media outlets that started reporting last night that the Brewers were going to receive "two low-level prospects" as well as Sabathia, mis-reading a report that was stating the Brewers' offer to CLE had changed to include "two low-level prospects".

I still take agent39's word until proven otherwise.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Dare I say, nicely done by ESPN -- getting the That 70s Show reference in there, possible playing off the Drew Carey Show Cleveland tie-in. I'm probably giving them too much credit to think of the DCS tie-in, but still... nice.

I feel that this thread should superstitiously be locked & held on the 52d page, should we get that far prior to C.C.'s first start on Tuesday... and then re-opened after the game! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I know there has been a number of people saying that CC is worth about 2-3 wins over the rest of the year. I believe that it could be much more than that. Let's revisit 2007 to illustrate my thinking.

Sheets got hurt for a couple weeks, and the team went into a big tailspin. Losing Sheets for a couple weeks, should only be about a 1 win difference if the same math applies.

Confidence and emotions can affect winning more than just the talents of CC. It can carry over to the 4 games that he doesn't pitch.

Cliff Saunders? Who? That idiot. How does that guy have a job. I don't know him so I guess I get to bash him. I googled him and found out he is a Milwaukee area radio host, and I totally understand your frustration. I am constantly amazed at how little, local talk show hosts know about the minor league teams of thehome club. I'm not expecting a comprehensive knowledge of all players but every radio host should have a subscription to Baseball America, or at least the yearly handbook, and yes of course bf.net should be set as their homepage but that dosen't just apply to people who make their living talking sports on the radio that applies to everyone.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Class A could mean High A too I suppose.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived