Brewer Fanatic

CC Sabathia to the Brewers for Matt LaPorta, Zach Jackson, Rob Bryson, and Michael Brantley

And That
The moods of these two press conferences couldn't be starker, as you'd expect. Shapiro looks like he's on the verge of tears while talking about the way the season turned out and hearing the frustrations of the Cleveland press.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be interesting to see who the PTBNL is...

Obviously the Indians have interest in Green, but after that, I have no clue. Maybe Cain or Brantley?

My guess is anyone but Gamel, Escobar, Salome, or Jeffress are available.

going by "agent39"s comments, Green is definitely in the mix and Brantley & Cain are not.

Yes.. based on his feedback I am assuming it is Green, Lucroy, and a pitcher (Anundsen).. of course I have no sources except the voices in my head.

The WSSP guys just said that the PTBNL can't be on the 40 man, on the DL, or less then one year of service time.

Not exactly. The only restrictions on the PTBNL are:

- Can't be in the same league as the player traded

- Must be named within 6 months of the trade

Now, there are restrictions on trading players in general:

- Can't be traded until after a year of pro baseball

- Can't be on the DL

However, you can use the PTBNL to trade a player on the DL, because he conceivably would be off the DL before 6 months are up. The same goes with a player who hasn't accrued a year's worth of service time.

I really hope the PTBNL is not Lucroy. I would rather have it be Salome than him. The problem is a player has to be at the same talent/potential level as Green so Lucroy would make sense. I wonder what is up with the numerous "deadline" dates. Would the talent of player go up or down as they went past each date?

haha, Scott Van Pelt..."What I wouldn't do to be in Milwaukee today, raise a double fister of Miller's and extend Summerfest an extra day." And Michele Tofoya responds, "After a hardy burp just sit back and watch first CC Sabathia get traded to the Brewers, then Richard Jefferson get introduced to the Bucks, and the likelyhood that Brett Favre will do something to trump it all because he won't be mentioned in the Wisconsin press today unless he does."

It is a great day to be a Wisconsin sports fan.

I really hope the PTBNL is not Lucroy. I would rather have it be Salome than him. The problem is a player has to be at the same talent/potential level as Green so Lucroy would make sense.

Your assumption is Green is on "the list". I'm not saying he's not, but other than a ton of rumors, we have nothing tangible there to go on... Not even word to his agent that it's a possibility.

Brantley's agent already refuted that Brantley was on the list.

Yes very strong denials that is not Brantley or Cain and I belive him over some media source. However, since the initial talk there has not be same denial for Green so I think it is safe to assume he is one on the list.. the others on the list I tried to pick who in A+ or A may be valued by Cleveland similar to Green. Once again my own projections.. but what else do we have to go on at this point.

the fact that he hanst refuted Green while refuting others, then his comments about "I hadnt thought of them looking for a defensive switch" when backtracking on Green being safe, then saying "it will be a big player", then the moaning on his blog about concerns over Green tells me he's definitely in play here.

I know brantley's not on the list...but i'm chuckling thinking about a board room full of Indians guys arguing over which one is the better prospect akin to our argument last week in the power 50 thread

God, I'm still hoping and praying that the PTBNL is not Green.

Whether it's Green or not I just hope we know who it is sooner than later...I don't like the idea of hanging on a wire about this for another three months...although I hope our attention will be thoroughly diverted in August and September

"The trade also clears up the future of Mat Gamel, another gifted hitter but a liability as a third baseman. Gamel will move to the outfield, and he eventually could take over a corner with Hart shifting to center field."

That's from the article linked by KCasper13 in the 'Sabathia-LaPorta articles' thread. I know this has been one possibility discussed, but I was under the impression Gamel would be groomed at 1B. I'd love to hear other (like better-informed) opinions.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I've followed the thread so I'm familiar with what agent39 has written, but I was wondering if it would be standard protocol to inform the player/agent that he is on the "list" as a possible PTBNL. Personally, I could see an organization wanting to wait until a player is actually traded, as to not needlessly upset players who don't end up getting traded.

TLB, my opinion is no more well informed than yours, but i would assume they would try him at 1b, and if that doesn't work, move him to the OF. I don't think there is anybody really blocking him at 1B in Nashville.

First my assumptions:

1. We don't pick up Cameron's option.

2. We keep Prince for 2 additional years

3. We can't find a way to dump Hall

His alternative position would be RF. However, I think they will keep him at 3b through this year and in the AFL and give him every chance to stay there.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if they asked Hall to learn to play right next year if Gamel sticks at 3b..

Archived