Brewer Fanatic

CC Sabathia to the Brewers for Matt LaPorta, Zach Jackson, Rob Bryson, and Michael Brantley

And That

And That Count= 3,256

Sabathia is apparently pretty pumped about getting to Milwaukee. Melvin said that CC could have asked for a day or two off and that, but is on a plane and headed to Milwaukee getting ready and that to pitch on Tuesday.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No TV coverage in Madison. When I turned on ESPN 1070 at 11:00 and heard a local "sportscenter update" that was clearly recorded last Thursday ("The Brewers are scouting C.C. Sabathia and will return to Miller Park tomorrow to start a 10 game homestand..."), I got a little horrified. But then Brian Posick broke in and connected to the press conference. Geez.

This transaction must be big if it has brought BSCR out of hiding. Nice to see you. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Apparently CC T shirts are available for tomorrow. They will be around tonight at the park.

We already had tickets for this game to celebrate my brother's birthday. Hopefully I can get there early enough to get one of those. Does anyone think they'll have a short amount and sell out right away?

I don't think Attanasio has stopped smiling since this press conference has started. Maybe he's just laughing at and that.

I just love the idea of this huge trade and all Mark A. can think about is how many times DM says and that. This is crazy, I never noticed how Doug talks And That, adds a whole new dimension to listening to his press conferences And That, makes me happy you know?

I don't know, but it was said that the Brewers had a team working on CC Tshirts before the deal got done in anticipation of the trade. They should be available for this evening's game according to the press confrence. No mention of quantity though.
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I thought it was interesting to hear Melvin say that he thought there was a chance that CC might use up some of his 3 days to report to the team. Obviously Melvin gave Shapiro the deadline of last night so that CC could start tomorrow, but he couldn't get a guarantee that CC would actually show up in time to make the start. I had thought about bringing that concern up, but thought it would be needless worrying until it actually occurred. Glad to hear that CC is pumped and ready to make his debut tomorrow.

Shapiro said the PTBNL has the "outside chance to be an everyday major-leaguer" but then turns around and says the deal wouldn't have happened without it. Apparently they have until the end of the major league season to take care of that.

Doesn't having a list of players for Cleveland to choose from essentially handcuff Melvin from making other trades?

It could be the kind of thing where Shapiro loses out on someone else Melvin would possibly deal, forcing him to make that selection sooner than the end of the season.

The moods of these two press conferences couldn't be starker, as you'd expect. Shapiro looks like he's on the verge of tears while talking about the way the season turned out and hearing the frustrations of the Cleveland press.

Archived