Brewer Fanatic

CC Sabathia to the Brewers for Matt LaPorta, Zach Jackson, Rob Bryson, and Michael Brantley

And That
Seriously though, there is no reason to believe that Sabathia is a true 3.0 ERA starter pitcher.

CC is moving to the NL, and if you curve his ERA for that move, he was a sub 3 ERA guy last year. He's been sub 3 since the beginning of May this year. The 1 concern is he's has a few injuries, which have hurt his innings pitched and inflated his ERA in the past.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap that was fast!

CC is moving to the NL, and if you curve his ERA for that move, he was a sub 3 ERA guy last year. He's been sub 3 since the beginning of May this year. The 1 concern is he's has a few injuries, which have hurt his innings pitched and inflated his ERA in the past.

You can't just start removing a part of the sample that doesn't help your argument. Regardless, we aren't THAT far off if you think he's really a 3.0 pitcher and I think he's a 3.25 ERA pitcher. He's among the best in the league, either way.

The heat is 92-95, and his curve is an out pitch that breaks sharply on two planes. The changeup is solid but not spectacular. Remember, this guy currently leads the majors in Ks, so he has some pretty good stuff.

Edit: This scouting report is almost verbatim from an Insider article.

Very nice. Who would you say has a better curve ball? Sheets or Sabathia?

i don't want to be a downer here on a day that most of us have been waiting for... for a long, long time... but what if CC and Ben are both injured - both have a bit of a history - between now and the end of September?

do we move the franchise to Oklahoma City?

By the looks of CCs site, he seems to be a little more excited to be a Brewer than Linebrink was. I can understand why, Cleveland was awful, the Brewers are good, with an outstanding offense.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

By the looks of CCs site, he seems to be a little more excited to be a Brewer than Linebrink was. I can understand why, Cleveland was awful, the Brewers are good, with an outstanding offense.

This was the team that he came up with and the guys and atmosphere he knows. Cleveland was supposed to be great this year and they're only making this move because they practically have to (and as a lifelong Brewer fan, I know awful, and while they're not good, they're not plumbing any depths I've never seen before). I'm sure it's pretty bittersweet for him.

The sweet part is he has the chance to make a real difference in a pennant race, of course. I'd love to have C.C. enter Brewer lore before we part ways this Fall.

I am sure my post will be lost in the hundreds in this thread. I think this will be a trade that will be very good for both teams. As much as I hate to give up LaPorta, I can't deny how exciting this is.

When I lived in WI there was a co-worker that always told me the most exciting moment for him as a Brewer fan was when he was at a game and the scoreboard flashed that the brewers traded for Don Sutton. I guess I wasn't at the game to see it on the board, but I feel like this is my moment to remember. Let's hope it works out just as good or even better this time.

Congrats to all involved. The Brewer's executives for taking the chance. LaPorta for putting in the work needed to become a center piece in a trade for a reigning Cy Young winner. Be proud young man! CC we welcome you.

I highly doubt CC had anything to do with that. I'm sure the guy/people who runs the site had that prepared a couple days ago and uploaded it once the trade was announced.

C.C. has always been regarded as a great guy, and it definitely looks like the Brewers won't be getting the same treatment the Bucks are getting from Richard Jefferson. Looks like my avatar change a couple days ago didn't jinx it. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

As for Cubs fans not being too worried about the trade, they shouldn't be. Even given the events of the past couple weeks (Brewers' hot streak, Cubs struggling a bit), I'd be surprised if the Brewers took control of first place, barring some incredible head-to-head sweep or something. They're still a better team than the Brewers this year, and they basically have a playoff spot guaranteed, whether it's the division crown or the wildcard. From what I saw on NSBB, there's some debate on whether the Brewers could beat out the Mets for a playoff spot, but I won't hold that against the entire fanbase. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif It'd be like them reading the idiotic comments under every Haudricourt blog post and thinking that it's indicative of what Brewer fans actually think. I wish I could join in on the discussion on NSBB, but for some reason I haven't been able to register over there.

Regardless, things just got really interesting down the stretch.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I was just reading NSBB, they sure do have some clowns over there. I had almost forgotten why I quit lurking. This race is much tighter than many of them think, especially if we face off in the playoffs.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I was just reading NSBB, they sure do have some clowns over there. I had almost forgotten why I quit lurking. This race is much tighter than many of them think, especially if we face off in the playoffs.

Every board has a variety of opinions and personalities. It'd be unfair to dismiss the entire forum just because a few people tend to have opinions that we wouldn't agree with. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

As for this being a chance to limit Parra's innings, I could definitely see that happening down the road. I imagine they'll let Parra make his starts before the All-Star break after pushing him back to Thursday, and then they'll re-evaluate things when they set up their second half rotation. I could definitely see Bush/McClung making spot starts for a month or so in an attempt to keep Manny's innings down. This move definitely gives the Brewers some flexibility at the back of their rotation.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I just have to get out how proud I am to be a Brewer fan right now. Sure it hurts to give up prospects since the team is at the level it is because of the farm system, it's just nice to be in a reverse role for a change. Remembering the 90's and early 2000's the change in this franchise has to get you excited about baseball in Milwaukee.

Who would have thought that we would pick up a Cy Young Award winner?

Who would have thought we could have pushed Ryan Braun into the #2 vote getter in the entire NL. (Yes, we out voted CHI and Japan)

This is one dangerous and awesome team.

If Sabathia does pitch on Tuesday, it almost has to be Bush out of the rotation, at least until the All Star break. Parra would just get a couple extra days of rest and pitch Thursday?

I think that's probably the best way to do it anyways. Bush has shown he can proform in the pen, whereas i would rather leave McClung in the rotation.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Looks like my avatar change a couple days ago didn't jinx it.

I love that! Clearly we should all shun brettac1 for not having the same powers with Rolen. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Great article by SI this spring.

That's ESPN's magazine. Buster Olney. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

My guess for the upcoming week

Mon-McClung

Tues-CC

Wed-Parra

Thurs-Sheets, sets him up for 4 days rest till all star appearance

Fri-Bush

Sat-Suppan

Sun-CC

After the break it sets up as CC, Sheets, Parra, Suppan and Bush/McClung with me leaning towards McClung in the pen not because I like Bush more, I'd prefer it the other way, but Seth seems to be better out of the pen.

just my two cents

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

I'd really like it if we rode Bush's hot hand a little longer and put Suppan in the pen. I understand that he is a great guy, and i understand that he makes 10 mil a year, but we just made a very bold statement that we are serious about making a run. That means we need to stop playing mr. nice guy in regards to roster decisions. Sorry Soup, but you have been awful.

Archived