Brewer Fanatic

CC Sabathia to the Brewers for Matt LaPorta, Zach Jackson, Rob Bryson, and Michael Brantley

And That
  • Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That Keith Law article is pretty awesome. I don't know how they can say he is the best in the NL when he is not even the best of his team http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I'm trying to figure out if I should have my sarcasm detector turned on or not, cause Sabathia is far and away the better pitcher, and he's younger.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Anyone else really excited? I know you are. I know some of the stat stuff is starting and is legit. Anyone else just happy and not over thinking things? Sheets and CC! This is an absolute turning point for the franchise. I will sleep happy tonight.

A39...if I could throw faster than 65...you'd be my agent, but I'm guessing bald, fat middle age dudes aren't your bread and butter.

Maybe I'm just giddy from all of the excitement, or maybe it's because I'm a balding 40 year old that throws about 65, but that post made me laugh really hard.

A39 - If things work out for SoCalBCF and HC, I'd like to think this upper 30's guy with most of his hair and the ability to touch the upper 60's should be worth even more, right? Let me know if you've got any room in your stable. Seriously, thanks for your willingness to interact with the average fans.

Anyone else really excited? I know you are. I know some of the stat stuff is starting and is legit. Anyone else just happy and not over thinking things? Sheets and CC! This is an absolute turning point for the franchise. I will sleep happy tonight.

That would be me.. since any follow-up moves probably won't include top 10 prospects (I am assuming that any Brian Roberts trade would be focused around Weeks) I am just going to enjoy the next 3 - 5 months.

I posted this earlier but it bears repeating because it is the first time in my history of following the Brewers I can say this:

The 2008 Brewers: where waiting until next year actually doesn't start until December.

Agents blog is up and is an interesting read. Says Green has heard nothing from the team about being the PTBNL but as that he has not heard he is not the PTBNL.

A PTBNL is usually:

- an injured player

- a player from the current year's draft

- most often, an organizational soldier

I really, really doubt the PTBNL will be a top 15 P50 player. The report out of someone who "heard on the radio" in Cleveland that it would be Salome or Jeffress depending on how well Sabathia does is more than likely trying to just cash in on some attention.

Im in for signing everyone at this point. Im delusional right now. WAY too long of a weekend and its not ending yet.

Sign me. I'll even take one for the team and volunteer to be the PTBNL so that Green doesn't have to go anywhere.

I really, really doubt the PTBNL will be a top 15 P50 player. The report out of someone who "heard on the radio" in Cleveland that it would be Salome or Jeffress depending on how well Sabathia does is more than likely trying to just cash in on some attention.

You'd be wrong in this case. It most certainly will be an impact player.

You'd be wrong in this case. It most certainly will be an impact player.

Is this a situation where you have an idea who it's going to be regardless, but haven't been told for sure?

Yes. used the wrong quote last post :P

This trade has worked out GREAT for the Brewers. Only giving up LaPorta (who I do like but can live without), Jackson, Bryson, and PTBNL (who I doubt is going to be Green but who knows) for CC Sabathia. Great day for the Brewers. Now with Seth, CC, Sheets and possibly Manny going against Colorado (who is missing Helton and Tulo.) Im looking for a sweep, but can live with 3 out of 4 http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I am just glad its over and dont have to worry about this anymore. A Toast to you Doug Melvin and to you as well Mark a fine job you have done.

Is it possible that the Brewers got the best hitter in this deal as well? Afterall, C.C.'s career batting line in the majors of .300 avg .792 ops will not be easy to top for LaPorta who hasn't even been past AA yet. In all seriousness, I hope LaPorta has an outstanding career for the Indians.

Well, it sounds like the PTBNL might have been used just to expidite the CC to Milwaukee part of the trade. The Brewers obviously wanted CC for 2 start's before the All Star gam, and Shapiro obviously wanted to do his due diligence and get the best possible players. So just my opinion but the odds are the the Indians have a short list of players to choose from, probably including Green, LuCroy, Gillespie, or someone else in that realm of prospect 5-15 in the Brewers organization.

I hope that it isn't another pitcher though, Hammond, Miller, Braddock et al.

I consider this deal a success if the Brewers make the playoffs. I consider it an absolute failure if they don't. I don't really have much more to add than that.

I consider it a huge success if the Brewers make the world series..

I consider it worth it the Brewers make the playoffs

I consider it a blown opportunity if the Brewers miss the playoffs

I consider it an absolute failure if:

- Brewers miss the playoffs

- Laporta turns into an all-star

- Neither Sabathia pick turns into a ML player.

Rillo what kind of thinking is that? Nothing is a guarantee, we all should be doing backflips that this mangement team has put this team in position to make the playoffs because of this deal, that would be a first since what 82? I have no idea how this trade can't be embraced or have we been losers for so long we don't know how to act like winners?

Archived