Brewer Fanatic

CC Sabathia to the Brewers for Matt LaPorta, Zach Jackson, Rob Bryson, and Michael Brantley

And That
  • Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Staff
I just hope that Brewer fans realize that this acquisition should be expected to translate into around 2 more wins over the rest of the season. If those two games are the difference between missing and making the playoffs, obviously it was worth it.

This trade is about the postseason rotation, not the regular season rotation, Russ.

So who's spot in the rotation is he taking? Bush or McClung? I sincerely hope that it isn't Parra, as I think he is part of the future for the Brewers.

I would almost bet anything it WON'T be Parra. Not sure at all between Bush and McClung. Both have been pretty good, who do you demote to the pen and then who from pen goes?

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I just hope that Brewer fans realize that this acquisition should be expected to translate into around 2 more wins over the rest of the season. If those two games are the difference between missing and making the playoffs, obviously it was worth it.

Bleh.

That doesn't account for the savings on the bullpens innings, CCs offensive potential, or his playoff impact. Not to mention, a total attitude shift for the franchise.

Sometimes, players are more than mere stats.

And it's completely possible that they will, as they did last year.

Add in Sabathia to a possible playoff rotation and two draft picks (plus the fact that Gamel and Escobar are still Stars) and I'm more than OK with this.

Going on record to say this trade is a bad move. In a few months/years if I'm wrong, it was someone else using my account to post this, lol.

Seriously people, get your tickets for Tuesday and Sunday before they are gone.

This is pretty sweet. I wonder what the corresponding roster move is. My guess is Stetter back to AAA, although I wouldn't put it past the Brewers to have Mota come down with an "injury" to avoid DFA'ing him.

I'd hope Bush to the pen over McClung based on McClung's success in the rotation, but we'll see how that plays out. I am still not sure how to react to the future being now when I've been told for the past 5 years to wait for the future and it is coming, it is coming. It is finally here and this move is the exclamation point which drives it home.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

We need to update this thread as soon as we know who the other minor league players are so I don't have to read through 15 pages trying to figure out who the trade included.

I was very very hesitant to trade away top prospects - but boy did my summer just get more exciting!

Community Moderator

With Suppan pitching poorly and McClung possibly overachieving, I can't say enough how huge this deal is.

Today we move into the WC lead, Braun is an all-star starter, and we trade for Sabathia. I've never been this proud to be a Brewers fan in my life!!!!!!

This is a perfect day! Brewers win, sweep the Pirates, Braun's an all-star, the offense fires on all cylinders, Mota actually doesn't implode, and best news of all, our pitching has been strengthened with the addition of CC!!! What more could a Brewer fan want?

Archived