Brewer Fanatic

CC Sabathia to the Brewers for Matt LaPorta, Zach Jackson, Rob Bryson, and Michael Brantley

And That
  • Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Along potentially with Taylor Green as the PTBNL.

That was pure speculation of TH's part though, so I am not going to assume that Green is the PTBNL. Since we didn't even sniff Jackson or Bryson as part of this trade I am thinking no one really has a clue on who the PTBNL might be

I don't know if i should feel better about TH reporting the same as he WSJ, as I understand Agent 39 has a level of integrity to uphold for his client...but I am a little nervous...be great if he could chime in on the "Zach(s)" issue.

TH says the PTBNL could be Green.

Even if it is Green (and at the rate we are going it won't be any of the names already talked about in length) I still like this trade since it doesn't include another top prospect (Lucroy, Escobar, Brantley, Jeffress) as has been talked about all weekend. I would hate losing Green more than LaPorta but getting CC will be huge for the Brewers.

TH is correct.

This just about completes the picture.

I'll be sad to see Green go if he does, but I do think it beats Gamel or Escobar or Jeffress or some of the other names kicked around. Green could be a real steal for the Indians eventually.

So basically if Green is involved then JJ Hardy or Rickie Weeks are the 3rd baseman of the future because we really don't have one of those anywhere in the system since I assume Gamel will move to RF or 1B immediately and Green is gone.

Green will not be a ptbnl. Green would just be in the trade, if its a ptbnl its going to be someone from the 07 or 08 draft.

This earlier post has me wondering about the rules regarding PTBNL now, if there are any. Or is it just that it's highly unusual to see those with the mandatory experience and/or not on the DL turn out to be PTBNL?

LaPorta + Green + Bryson is about the type of prospect package I expected, with a prospect from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd tiers of the Brewers system. ZachJack is a throw-in.

Exciting day for sure, and a tip of the cap to the Brewers for making this happen while showing just how serious they are about the postseason. Tuesday's game is sure to be packed, and if the final regular season series at the end of September against the Cubs isn't sold out yet, I would imagine the few remaining tickets will be snatched up pretty quickly over the next week.

I'm even more excited because I'm quite sure Melvin isn't done...

I think the key to what Haudricourt wrote, which would also fit into what agent39 said is the following,

"The fourth player currently is listed as "to be named later" but it is believed the Indians want to look more at Green, with the idea of moving him to second base."

Most likely have a choice of players with Green the most likely player, but they just want to be sure.

If Green goes, I think it just reinforces that Gamel stays at 3b and becomes our 3b of the future. I suppose Lawrie is an option at third as well if Lucroy or Salome become top ten catchers at the major league level. If Prince is dealt to replenish our starting pitching in the off-season, I have no problem (maybe) giving Nelson a shot at first. I think he can put up numbers similar to what I expect LaPorta to put up in the majors.

Archived