Brewer Fanatic

CC Sabathia to the Brewers for Matt LaPorta, Zach Jackson, Rob Bryson, and Michael Brantley

And That
  • Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone that doesn't like this deal does not know what playoff baseball is about.

Perhaps it came out different from how you indended, but that's not an acceptable way of stating your opinion.

It's not my place to say, but I think you're being a little over bearing on this one. I don't think he meant to offend anyone.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Raffy's numbers are far worse than anyone on the staff, including DiFelice and Dillard. Who goes to make room for him?

Turnbow. For the love of all that's good and right in this world, can we end the Turnbow project NOW?

Raffy's numbers are far worse than anyone on the staff, including DiFelice and Dillard. Who goes to make room for him?

All I was doing was speculating. Not sure. But I certainly hope you don't think Betancourt has lost talent. He's thrown 38.2 innings so far. I think I'll stick with his other 300+ as a much better indicator of talent. Like I said, he's a prototypical DM 'buy low' guy.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I also would like to go on record right now to suggest that Doug Melvin should get right back to work and acquire a Bedard, Maddux, Wolf, etc. since it would seemingly cost very little, and/or add a bullpen arm. I fully expect the Cubs and Phillies to make deals to try to improve, so if you are going to make the Sabathia deal, I think you owe it to yourself to make the next (smaller) one to help ensure you get the desired results.

his numbers may be worse, but he has a track record of being pretty good. I started school at Ohio State and watched a lotta Indians games (as many know because of AJ Hawk school goes till mid June, so I seriously got a lot of Indians games), and he always impressed me. I don't know who would go be moved where, but to have his arm available I think might be an addition that goes unseen. Mota hasn't been too impressive (until today) Gagne hasn't been great (until recently) but his arm would help in the 5 6 7 innings when starters can't get there or if someone else worked too many days in a row.

I thought the discussion for the first 90 PAGES on this topic was civilized and respectful.. just a simple request that we try to keep it that way.. this is a time for celebrating this season as there is no disagreement on it makes the team better this season no matter who is included from the Brewers side.. however others should be allowed to state concerns over long term impacts..

My two cents though I am sure they are only worth about 1:

Agent39: I appreciate you taking the time and sharing a different perspective that is less biased than our own.

Endaround / Rluzinski: My perspective is they usually attempt to provide grounded (when they agree with me) or devil's advocate position (when they don't) but I have always found them to be provide thoughtful perspectives which I enjoy even if I don't agree.. so disagreements welcome.. personal attacks less so..

If I would put my 4 year old in timeout for saying it I don't think it belongs here in BF.net..

Good Call craig. Too bad they probably wouldn't take Turnbow in the deal too, just to save a bit of cash, as I'm thinking the chances of him helping the Brewers the rest of his contract (which ends this year, right?) is pretty low.

agent39, are you going to be able to blog about this trade going down (what the experience of calming a bunch of rabid brewer fans and holding off annying media personnel is like) in the next week or so? (I checked out your blog, it's pretty nice.)

Agent 39, love your input...THANK YOU!

But I just got a sick feeling in my stomach, what if the WSJ got it wrong (as you say) and the left hander "Zach" is Zach B not Zach J? Can you comment?

Edit: Do not use superfluous punctuation.

Actually one of my favorite parts to this deal is how the Cubs will try to compensate and overreact.

Betancourt has been fine up to this year, his WHIP is just up. Unless he is having arm troubles or something, it's too small of a sample to say he doesn't have a place on the staff. Surely no one would say 38.2 IP is a big enough sample to judge a guy that has more than 500 previous pro innings.

Madtown Bomber wrote:

Can it get any more official? haha My sister works at flight control for Cleveland Hopkins Airport and says there is a 3 interesting names on a flight list early tomorrow morning. A Carsten Sabathia, a Amber Sabathia, and a Carsten Sabathia III all scheduled to be on a flight arriving in Milwaukee tomorrow morning. I can't believe they are making CC fly commercial, get the big man a private jet ride.

Wow. Really? Mark A wouldn't get the guy on his jet? Come on! And his first name is Carsten? No wonder he goes by C.C.

Question marks! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I think WSJ got it wrong. Just my hunch. Their coverage of the Brewers in general is not very good.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Agent 39, love your input...THANK YOU!

But I just got a sick feeling in my stomach, what if the WSJ got it wrong (as you say) and the left hander "Zach" is Zach B not Zach J? Can you comment?

Oh god now you are completely freaking me out!! Zach B would be an entirely different story than Zack J. That would suck

Archived