Brewer Fanatic

CC Sabathia to the Brewers for Matt LaPorta, Zach Jackson, Rob Bryson, and Michael Brantley

And That
  • Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stevo; Relax man. As you watch Gamel continue to rake, Jeffress firing strikeouts, and Sabathia lead us to the playoffs, Laporta will become a distant, designated hitting memory. Gammons just made it official. The baseball gods are smilin' on us!

Aren't PTBNL guys usually lesser known prospects?

IIRC, players can't be traded with less than 1 year professional experience, or are on the DL. They have to be PTBNL, but I believe they are told that they are part of the deal just not officially until they qualify to be traded.

Edit:

No Lucroy OR Green = big wet kiss for Melvin from BtA.

No kidding, I wasn't so happy with losing another top prospect, but if the WI St J is correct then I'll take back 25% of the bad things I've said about Melvin. Ok, 50%....

I think the deal is not going to be just ZJ, MLaP, & Bryson for Sabathia. If that's the case, DM absolutely fleeces Shapiro. I think a RP might be getting discussed. Betancourt is a good 'buy low' candidate.

**This is my speculation, that's all.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

istanbultaye wrote:

Is it possible that the man may actually enjoy the baseball season more through the use of statitiscal analysis? (I know, I'm turning into a staunch rluzinski supporter, but hey... it's a lot easier to do that than Ned Yost and I've loved reading his posts over the past 4+ years that I've been lurking here).

I enjoy Russ's posts as well. He is always willing to explain what he posts if you don't understand. I admit I sometimes don't.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Great news that Green isn't going.

end, I find the suggestion that Melvin is making moves for his own personal benefit to be ludicrous. They obviously feel they are close, and this is the year to go for it. He's doing his job, and if he thought it would be better for the club to keep the prospects and wait a year or 2, I'm confident he would do that instead.

Aren't PTBNL guys usually lesser known prospects?

IIRC, players can't be traded with less than 1 year professional experience, or are on the DL. They have to be PTBNL, but I believe they are told that they are part of the deal just not officially until they qualify to be traded.

So would Brantley still be in the mix here?

OH MY GOSH!!!! DM needs a lifetime contract extension, as does Jack Z and every scout on the Brewers. This is it? We spent most of the last few days worrying about giving up LaPorta, Green and Cain/Lucroy? And this is what it turns out to be? DOUG MELVIN FOR PRESIDENT!!!! WOW!!! I love this trade! Are you kidding me? Someone seriously pinch me.

PTBNL have to be named within 6 months and can't be in the same league as the team they are traded to... that would eliminate everyone signed in the past 6 months and no one else. I'm guessing it's a guy currently on a minor league DL like Hammond or Miller.

Sounds like a steal for the Crew.

:D

WAY TO GO DOUG!!!!

I think the teams might be expanding the deal. Why else would a bunch of new (& seemingly random) names come out? I think the WSJ guy is going to have egg on his face. I hope not, though, since that would be stealing CC
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I'll repeat something I said earlier about LaPorta...If we opted to keep him and pass on Sabathia, what reason is there for anyone to believe that when he is here a couple years from now, hitting the cover off the ball, that the Brewers wouldn't be scrambling to find pitching at that time as well? I suppose then, people would be complaining about having to give up whomever the top prospect is at that time.

Archived