Brewer Fanatic

CC Sabathia to the Brewers for Matt LaPorta, Zach Jackson, Rob Bryson, and Michael Brantley

And That
  • Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the WSJ report is true, then the Sexson six-pack trade just grew another leg. LOL

It will be interesting to see who the PTBNL is, but I wouldn't feel so bad about letting ZachJack go. Maybe we ended up pulling a Phillies and giving the Indians quantity along with the quality of LaPorta.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

If that WSJ report is true, the PTBNL could still be Green

I was under the assumption that PTBNL are usually minor parts of the deal. To me Green would not be a minor part to the deal. PTBNL means Melvin gives Shapiro a choice of 5 or so players and he just gives CLE a little more time to scout the players and make their decision?

Dude, step away from the abacus for 5 minutes and try to actually enjoy the baseball season.
Is it possible that the man may actually enjoy the baseball season more through the use of statitiscal analysis? (I know, I'm turning into a staunch rluzinski supporter, but hey... it's a lot easier to do that than Ned Yost and I've loved reading his posts over the past 4+ years that I've been lurking here).

It has nothing to do with this year's attendance but future years. A competitive team that wins little won't be able to keep the attendance up. See Cleveland.

This is an argument against trading away LaPorta right now. People aren't going to buy tickets next year because the team won two extra games this year with CC. If the team wanted better attendance next year, they would be better off keeping LaPorta and trading him in the offseason for a pitcher that will be here next year and in future years.

Who could the PTBNL be? As long as it isn't Lucroy. There is no reason they would have to wait to include him in the deal is there? Aren't PTBNL guys usually lesser known prospects?

This is exciting to be sure, but I just don't like it very much. I would have preferred getting one of the next-tier SPs and keep LaPorta. I think the Brewers should have received a pitcher with a few years left on his deal for LaPorta.

I agree with those who were saying the Brewers already had a good shot at the playoffs. Now they absolutely have to make it, or this will be a terrible trade.

Of course, how against it can I truly be when I'm scrambling to find people to go to the game on Tuesday?

Archived