Brewer Fanatic

CC Sabathia to the Brewers for Matt LaPorta, Zach Jackson, Rob Bryson, and Michael Brantley

And That

We heard the same last year with Braun coming up from the minors. .if the would have started the year with him at 3b they may have made the playoffs..

People who state this seem to forget that the Brewers started out 24-10 last year, all without Braun. The Brewers then faded down the stretch and fell out of first place with Braun in Milwaukee.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not think Cain is in the deal, I do think Green is in the deal. It's a bit of an odd situation, I have that from a reliable source, but as soon as he said it, he pointed out that he couldn't confirm it.

I get no indication that the deal is not done, but there do seem to be some loose ends - if that makes any sense. I almost wonder if Cleveland isn't still deciding which two guys to take.

I do not think Cain is in the deal, I do think Green is in the deal. It's a bit of an odd situation, I have that from a reliable source, but as soon as he said it, he pointed out that he couldn't confirm it.

I get no indication that the deal is not done, but there do seem to be some loose ends - if that makes any sense. I almost wonder if Cleveland isn't still deciding which two guys to take.

I dont think your source is more reliable than me. Nobody knows who the other players are yet and anyone who says otherwise is flat out lying.

Why is everyone so sure that it would be impossible to resign either Sabathia or Sheets? If we make the playoffs I think there is a good chance we try to resign at least one of them. I think we are pretty much set at every other position besides pitcher.

We heard the same last year with Braun coming up from the minors. .if the would have started the year with him at 3b they may have made the playoffs..

People who state this seem to forget that the Brewers started out 24-10 last year, all without Braun. The Brewers then faded down the stretch and fell out of first place with Braun in Milwaukee.

So I guess it was Braun who blew all those Cordero save ops?

Just to add more speculation to the raging bonfire, Caleb Gindl was pinch-hit for in the 7th in WV. To be fair, it was 16-1 West Virginia at the time and Caleb was 0-4 with 2K's, but still, never know.

Thanks for the link TLB...I was on the wrong page thinking they hadn't noticed or didn't care. Some real classics in there. I love the 28 page "Milwaukee Journal-Star" thread...just shows the lack of respect Chicago has for their "little brother to the north".

They seem to share this opinion just because of Gagne's struggles that our bullpen is horrible. Granted, it's not our strongest point, but they've gotten some solid performances from guys like Torres. They could use some help as well. It seems 08 Marmol < 07 Marmol.

The majority of the fans are classy, its just those few. That being said, the Brewers still have a much more talented farm system even after the trade.

If we lost LaPorta and Green, those two prospects in return better offer a little bit back. LaPorta and LuCroy were both high picks and there is the possibility we only get a squeeze and a two if someone has their number one protected next year.

Would it be in the realm os possibilty to pry Soria from the Royals, Sherrill from the Orioles, or Fuentes from the Rockies?

Fuentes is going to be traded. I think that's a lock. Soria doesn't make sense for the Royals to move, this is only his second season and he is fantastic. I think Sherrill is coming back to earth and isn't as good as he was at the start of the season.

Basically, if I'm the Brewers, Fuentes is probably target #1 (I think I said the same thing at this time last year, too, actually).

He's not getting Sabathia for the playoffs, he's getting him because there is a lot of pressure on him professionally and on the team financially to finally make the playoffs.

What financial pressure does the team have? If you factor in the cost of the signing bonus for players that will be traded with the cost of CC for the rest of the season, that will pretty much eat up the revenue from making it to the WS this year. Sure, the Brewers will be able to charge more for tickets next year, but they would have been able to based on how well they are doing this year anyway.

Nobody knows who the other players are yet and anyone who says otherwise is flat out lying.

I'm sure Melvin, Shapiro, and their staffs know who are the players. Does that make me a liar?

Sheesh, cool it guys. Agent 39 is an asset to this board and I wouldn't want his posting to change...one bit.
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Getting CC is huge but this needs to be over so I can move on in my life. I hope it's not Lucroy as catching is just too valuable to give up. Getting married Oct. 4. I hope to be spending some time on the honeymoon watching playoff baseball.

Hopefully they don't have a game during your wedding reception. Everybody will be at the bar watching the game.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Relax, 39. You'll notice I said it wasn't confirmed, and you'll notice that I wondered if Cleveland hasn't even decided yet.

You have no reason to question me, either.

Sorry about that. Ive just been yelling at media idiots all day on the phone dismissing rumor after rumor. Its just been a stressful week on everyone.

He's not getting Sabathia for the playoffs, he's getting him because there is a lot of pressure on him professionally and on the team financially to finally make the playoffs.

What financial pressure does the team have? If you factor in the cost of the signing bonus for players that will be traded with the cost of CC for the rest of the season, that will pretty much eat up the revenue from making it to the WS this year. Sure, the Brewers will be able to charge more for tickets next year, but they would have been able to based on how well they are doing this year anyway.

Without sustained improvements its doubtful the Brewers can keep up this attendance pace. They need to do something more than win 83 games. That what I mean by financial pressure.

And yes I'm sure Mark Attanasio is fine with the deal, after all he's the one who would fire Melvin if he doesn't make the playoffs. I think most assume no playoffs this year and Yost is gone. That starts the countdown on Melvin.

Sorry about that. Ive just been yelling at media idiots all day on the phone dismissing rumor after rumor. Its just been a stressful week on everyone.

Can you call Joe Morgan and Richard Justice and yell at them again? Wait until like 2 or 3 am. They deserve it for past sins against humanity.

If we lost LaPorta and Green, those two prospects in return better offer a little bit back. LaPorta and LuCroy were both high picks and there is the possibility we only get a squeeze and a two if someone has their number one protected next year.

I'm sure you can count on Jack Z to make sure that happens.

Archived