Brewer Fanatic

CC Sabathia to the Brewers for Matt LaPorta, Zach Jackson, Rob Bryson, and Michael Brantley

And That

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

congrats on getting it done! YAY!

as per usual, we have this news up before most other news outlets. Nice.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

So is Sabathia pitching on Tuesday?

Yes, per TH

This is the right type of player to take this kind of shot with. This is not Linebrink, even though we probably paid more to get CC.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Let's hope Sheets, CC, Manny, Braun and Hart stay 100% healthy.

With a little luck, we may have a pennant. Kudos to the organization from the top on down.

Formerly Andersoc420

My three year demand has finally been fulfilled... I don't even know what to think.

Let's drink!

Sounds good to me!

CC a brewer, Gamel and Escobar still in the system, if we lose CC we get 2 more draft picks. I'm all in. Very excited! Can't wait to see CC at MP on Wednesday at the game.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

so you are telling me... we are 3.5 from the division lead right now after a rough start, and currently hold the wild card.... playing great baseball... AND we just added the CY Young Award Winner from the AL last year..... talk about fireworks.

I just hope that Brewer fans realize that this acquisition should be expected to translate into around 2 more wins over the rest of the season. If those two games are the difference between missing and making the playoffs, obviously it was worth it.

I suspect it's going to be Bush moved into the bullpen but I can almost guarantee you that he won't finish the season there.

Overall, a great day for the Brewers that will go down for the ages - Braun voted into the All-Star game, and now CC. Hopefully, this leads to October baseball! GO CREW!

When was the last time there was a major trade involving the Brewers when a top flight starting pitcher, let alone any really good player, COMES to the Brewers? This is a historical day and I am SOOOOO excited! Now we have to think of a nickname or some kind of statement. Like in the old days "Spahn and Sain and pray for rain". Sheets, Sabathia, Suppan = SSStrikeouts!!!!

This is awesome. Picking up a Cy Young ace for the run is unreal. I loved the thought of LaPorta, but I think the potential reward here is worth it. This by no means mortgages the future, we give away a AA stud for a easy #1 starter. This gives them a tremendous shot this year, it shows the fans something we haven't seen in years, and we gave away one top prospect, at a position we were pretty stacked at.

I'm giddy.

Archived