Brewer Fanatic

Looking for a photo of Robin Yount

Paulus88

First of all feel free to move this.

Anyway the day after the Nieves no-hitter there was a photo in either the Milwaukee Journal or Sentinal of Robin Yount laying out for the final out. My dad has an antiquated copy that he cut out of the paper. I'm looking to replace it for his birthday does anyone have a copy? Thanks in advance.

Verified Member

I know this isn't what you are looking for but think it's a great opportunity to show off a rare photo I found of a 17 year old Yount in his high school baseball uniform. Found this from a CA newspaper archive on newspaperarchive.com. Also cool to learn that Yount batted .444 his SR. year.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/kdstream/yount.jpg

This is a pretty famous shot and I think remember seeing it in Brewer programs as an advertisment (Coca-Cola or Miller?) several years after the no-no. I can't personally provide you with this picture, but would recommend trying old programs if you can't find the newspaper that you're looking for.

I have a similar question as well- I was at Zim's this weekend and there is a picture of the final out of the 1982 ALCS. Shot from behind first base, it shows Coop holding his glove over his head, just as he's about to run towards the mound. It's shot at that exact moment before the pandemonium starts, like Coop is the only one who knows he got the out. It's an incredible shot.

Anyone know what I'm talking about/ where I can find it?

Archived