Brewer Fanatic

Deadline Predictions

Just my own thoughts so take it with a grain of salt. I didnt get any of this from any "insider info" or anything along those lines.

C. Sabathia to the Brewers for Matt LaPorta and Taylor Green

Jason Bay to the Rays for Wade Davis, Desmond Jennings and Jeremy Hellickson

Matt Holliday to the Dodgers for Matt Kemp, James McDonald, Andrew Lambo and Xavier Paul

Erik Bedard to the Phillies for Carlos Carrasco, Adrian Cardenas and Drew Carpenter

A.J. Burnett to the Cubs for Tyler Colvin and Ronny Cedeno

Xavier Nady to the Angels for Sean Rodriguez and Hank Conger

Brian Fuentes to the Red Sox for Jed Lowrie

Jim Johnson to the Cardinals for Anthoney Reyes.

I just hope when the cubs trade for someone they dont get an absolute steal like they always do. Remember Aramis Ramirez for Bobby Hill? Or Derek Lee for Hee-Sop Choi? Their prospects never turn into anything (see Corey Patterson and Felix Pie) yet people keep trading for them and the Cubs keep dominating the trades.

What's really crazy is how the DOdgers never learn. They could have had Richie if they would have surrendered Greg Miller...or Edwin Jackson....or even Joel Hanrahan+. SO I don't know what is more unlikely, that the Rockies would trade Matt Holliday to a division rival, or that the Dodgers would part with Matt Kemp, as they are very selfish with any and all youth.

I think the Dodgers will get Jack Wilson, the Rays will get Nady and Fuentes, and the Brewers will get Ray Durham.

I'll bet the Cubs don't make a major acquisition, because they're already in first place, and they don't have good depth to deal from.

If there's a big one left, it's most likely Mark Teixeira - I think I'd bet on the Red Sox.

Didnt Capps just go on the DL and is expected to be out for a good amount of time? Also it says on ESPN.com that the Pirates are not going to trade Wilson, but that could change. Cubs will make a smaller move thty just dont have much to give up, but the biggest buyers are going to be the Rays. I just hope the Crew can get Durham for cheap he would be great at the top of the order.

I wonder what they'll have to give up for Burnett or Danny Cabrera when the Electrifying Canadian goes to the DL... You have to assume that one of their "baby aces" (Zambrano/Wood/Harden) is going to come up lame. If only they still had Prior, he could have been their sacrificial lamb. Unfortunately, Greg Maddux practices his own brand of Santeria so one of the three must go under the knife to appease the baseball gods.

What about Milton Bradley? Does he get dealt it the Rangers don't start pulling closer to the Angels, or the A's for that matter. Milton Bradley is having an MVP caliber year (that OBP makes me drool), but is a Free Agent at the end of the year. He will be a Type A Free Agent next year (correct me if I am wrong) so he will cost an arm and a leg to get.

Most likely the Rangers, if they fall out of contention, would want Starting Pitching if they are going to trade Bradley so the Brewers wouldn't match up. I can still hope though.

Matt Holliday to the Dodgers for Matt Kemp, James McDonald, Andrew Lambo and Xavier Paul

Not going to happen. The Dodgers are not going to trade Kemp to the Rockies and the Rockies are not going to trade Holliday to the Dodgers. The Rockies would have to live with that trade for this year and next. I don't think the Rockies will trade Holliday to a NL and they are definitely not trading him to a team in the NL West.

Holliday could go to the Red Sox depends on how Ortiz feels or he could go to the Rays. I bet Holliday stays with Colorado for the year and is traded in the off season.

Archived