Brewer Fanatic

08/27/06 Brewers (Capuano) @ Marlins (Sanchez), 12:05pm CDT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, good stuff, newsflash, we are not a playoff contender. Not the way we play baseball on the road.

Yeah, I think I sent out that newsflash a few weeks back. The team hasn't won on the road all year long. Because they were within 3 of .500, why would people all of a sudden think things would change? Almost 20 games under .500 on the road doesn't cut it and it's an insult to the game of baseball to consider your team a contender with that horrible of a showing on the road.

I don't understand how this team can be such a dramatically differant team on the road.

It's like night and day with home and away games.

They play so well at home and then they go on the road and look like the worst team in baseball.

I don't get it.

3TO Apostle

I don't think it was a bad decision to leave Capuano in. I would have done the same thing.

I do think that Kevin Mench might actually be worse defensively than Carlos Lee. That was pathetic. He can't hit either. He's a bad baseball player.

BOO!

This series is one kick to the nads after another. Cappy threw lights-out for the most part today and the offense could only muster 2 runs of support? That's Sheets-like. I can only cringe in horror as to what I think the actual Ben Sheets will get for support tomorrow night.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Every player cannot make any mistakes and must get hits every game. If they dont, yost is to blame.

When do you draw a line between seeing where the problem lies? Is the problem really Yost or is it that lack of big league talent on this club right now that's hurting us? How can someone legitimately blame Yost for a loss like today? The players didn't execute (Graffy and Prince's horrible fielding....Mench's turtle speed and mishandling of the winning run...etc.). Maybe we need better players. I see all OF spots that can be improved on. We need a 2B who can field (meaning Weeks could be expendable this off-season). I see a 3B issue. I see a SS in Hall who should be full-time next year there (thus making Hardy expendable). People have to realize these spots can be upgraded and having a glut of INF's can be a good thing. Nobody should assume all of these young guys will be around next year. At least I hope they won't. We could get good pitching for them.

Archived