Brewer Fanatic

08/27/06 Brewers (Capuano) @ Marlins (Sanchez), 12:05pm CDT

sgtcluels

If you were listening to the radio broadcast, Powell explained it really well.

1. Capuano raced out to the mound to start the inning but forgot about "God Bless America." So he stood in the sun while every other player was in the dugout.

2. Then he took his warmup pitches but the umpire gave the full allotment of time to the rest of the players to warmup. Capuano had to stand there again.

3. He has to stand on 3rd base for what seemed like forever because we can't just drive him in right away.

4. After Capuano scored Mench did not take pitches for him so he could rest.

Now, somebody wrote that they have mentioned about a million times on the broadcast that it is hot and muggy.

Throwing 90 pitches is like throwing 110 today considering everything I just wrote.

Cabrera hits the home run, Capellan is warming up, that was the time to take him out.

I wasn't just ranting, I was thinking the decision through.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's clear that next year, we should just forfeit all our road games (except 1), really concentrate on going undefeated at home, and pray that we win our 1 road game. I think that's realistically the only way we are going to be over 500.

Archived