Brewer Fanatic

Braun IS All-Star starter, Sheets in as well

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone explain to me what Burrell did to make everyone willing to pretend that he's not having a great year?

I think Burrell is having a great year. He was one of the guys I was voting for every time for the NL OF. Very happy Braun made it, I was at the game today when the announced he made it we all stood up and gave Braun a standing O. Also sweet that Sheets is in and Hart has a chance in the final vote.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

wow, those vote totals, for Brewers, are amazing! We had a top 3 guy at most every position. That either means we truly have a team that fans (not just our own) have a high opinion on or the entire NL is way down this year.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Varitek? When I heard it on the radio, I thought it was an error. That's just atrocious. Maybe the players don't look at the stats when they vote?

And the Rays only get two players, with the best record in baseball.

Wow, all the Brewers players under perform and we are close to the top of every list. Well at least we know that the Brewers must have a pretty strong fan base.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I'm sorry, but Bill Hall came in at number four for third base? That's just sad.

To be fair, there were so many votes for Russell Branyan that the couter rolled back over to 0. Clearly his 943,654 votes (note that keeps him off the top 5 leaderboard by one vote http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif ) correctly tallied would have been 5,943,654, crushing runner-up Chipper Jones.

Also, I agree that Burrell not being on the roster is an absolute joke. Soriano & Fukudome are total jokes as starters, production-wise (but I don't think Braun was top-3, either, a topic discussed inside & out).

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Well, of the three OF starters, Braun is most deserving so take that for what it is worth.

Hardy's offensive push came about two weeks too late. Personally, I think Hardy is more deserving than Tejada. Hardy is smoking Tejada in OPS. Can't argue so much with Guzman, but I would have selected WAS's closer and went with Hardy (and not selected Cook of Colorado).

It'll take some work to get Hart in there instead of Burrell or Wright. Let's get crackin'.

JJ could theoretically get put on the team if somebody gets hurt during the week. Not that I wish harm on any players.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Probably sometime later tonight or tomorrow -- NL manager Clint Hurdle is still managing the Rockies for a few more innings tonight, so I imagine he hasn't had a lot of time to look over his options for starting pitchers. By process of elimination, though (looking at when pitchers on the staff last pitched), it appears to be between Ben Sheets and Carlos Zambrano for the NL.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived