Brewer Fanatic

Braun IS All-Star starter, Sheets in as well

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good job Brewers fans. I don't agree that he is deserving, but it is nice to see that the smallest market team is able to get a guy voted into the all star game.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Varitek going is an absolute joke; Francona should be embarrassed

Tito may be embarrassed, but he didn't make that choice. Tek was voted in by the players. Francona selected Carlos Guillen of the Tigers, catcher Dioner Navarro of the Rays and pitchers George Sherrill of the Orioles, Justin Duchscherer of the A's and Joe Nathan of the Twins.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080706&content_id=3076848&vkey=allstar2008&fext=.jsp

Community Moderator

I'm just shocked that J.J. nearly made it as a starter as well--he passed up Tejada and finished only about 120,000 votes behind Hanley Ramirez.

What an awesome response by Brewers fans to get Braun voted in.

keep in mind that the Japanese/foreign vote was probably counted, tabulated, and finalized over the last week-plus. Those people are baseball savvy and probably gave Braun a truckload of votes as the defending ROY, knowing that Griffey is old and sub par.

Just a theory, of course.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived