Brewer Fanatic

7/6/08 Pirates (Duke) at Brewers (Suppan), 1:05 CT

crewcrazy

I still can't get over that double steal.

Soup is almost to 80 pitches. Grrrrr. This was such a promising afternoon after the Hall single. Duke doesn't have his best stuff either so we need to take a few more pitches and keep working it.

Formerly Andersoc420

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back-to-back doubles to start off an inning are cool. Nice piece of hitting, Corey.

Stetter getting loose...I imagine it's too early for a double switch, so Stetter might only pitch one inning.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

It really didn't matter because a couple pitches later Kendall hit a one hopper back to the mound that would have been an inning ending dp.

That doesn't matter relative to being upset that Yost would call for the double steal.

What a day for the bats!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

It would blow my mind if Suppan pitches three innings, gives up six runs, and still gets the win.

I mean, I'd be happy, but absolutely gobsmacked.

Starters have to go 5 for a win, don't they?

Billy ties it up...this is going to be a repeat of that Rockies/Marlins game.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Stetter getting loose...I imagine it's too early for a double switch, so Stetter might only pitch one inning.

Well, that's not a problem now. Unless Pittsburgh gets a double play, Stetter will be free to pitch two innings, in all likelihood.

Yay. No double play. No more Suppan. What a great inning!

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

It would blow my mind if Suppan pitches three innings, gives up six runs, and still gets the win.

I mean, I'd be happy, but absolutely gobsmacked.

SF, the starter has to go 5 innings to qualify for a win.

crewcrazy wrote:

Starts have to go 5 for a win, don't they?

You're absolutely right

I guess I was just somewhat surprised that he's not going to get the loss, although a two-run deficit at home doesn't seem like much the way the Crew's playing lately.

Gotta applaud Yost on this move...Also want to applaud Yost for not going with his normal Sunday line-up. With the amount of fans coming to the park today, you can't put in a B squad. Way to go Yost...you're starting to manage like a big league manager!!!!

Nitpicking here, yes, but let's not give the manager too much credit for this. You'd have to be a complete moron to leave Suppan in the game with how he was pitching.

Well there is plenty of this the other way so I think it balances out nicely.

Archived