Brewer Fanatic

08/28/06 Brewers (Sheets) @ Marlins (Johnson), 6:05pm CDT

sgtcluels

Milwaukee Brewers (62 - 68)

Ben M. Sheets RHP (4-5, 5.02 ERA, 1.22 WHIP)

http://mlbplayers.mlb.com/images/2005/09/06/BwAMrmT8.jpg

Sheets got back to basics in his last start, scrapping the cut-fastball he's been working on and throwing four-seam fastballs, his bread-and-butter curveballs and the occasional change-up. What a difference in the results. After sitting in the 88-92 mph range six days earlier, Sheets consistently hit 95-96 mph against the Rockies and limited them to one run in seven innings. Look for him to take a similar approach in Florida, where he's 1-0 with a 1.29 ERA (two earned runs in 14 innings) in two starts.

@

Florida Marlins (63 - 66)

Josh Johnson RHP (11-6, 2.90 ERA, 1.27 WHIP)

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/images/2006/03/14/FoNX5vSZ.jpg

Johnson comes off another impressive performance, allowing three runs on five hits in seven innings against the Nationals. However, the rookie settled for a no-decision, although he left the game in line for the win. Johnson has won three of his last four decisions, and has gone at least seven innings eight times.

TV: FSN (642 DTV, 31 TWC Milwaukee)

Radio:1290 am (Check BRN.com)

Next Series

On Tuesday Brewers (62-68, 23-42 Away) meet up with the Astros (62-68, 34-31 Home) at Minute Made Park.

Series Probables

8/29 - Tomo "Babe" Ohka (4-3, 4.42|1.34 ) vs. Roy Oswalt (10-8, 3.23|1.23) 7:05pm

8/30 - Dave Bush (9-10, 4.89|1.23) vs. Roger Clements (6-4, 2.50|1.07) 7:05pm

8/31 - Doug Davis (9-8, 5.17|1.59) vs. Andy PEttitte (12-13, 4.56|1.48) 7:05pm

Mojo

The anti-broom. The Vacuum.

http://www.eco-labels.org/greenconsumers/photos/vacuum.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oy.

I don't know what is worse. Losing 3 straight to these Jupiter Hammerheads or looking down the barrel of Oswalt - Clemens - Pettite with the dregs of our staff.

23 - 9 run needed for the wildcard. Playoff hopes fading, fading, faded - like the pictures in back to the Future.

dont we tend to hit big name pitcheres better? anyway this is a must win. we havent lost a thing to the reds in the wildcard and i will still hope unlesswe get swept by houston. i think benny will come oout electric and the brewers will be so p'd about losin last night. shouses outting was a rare one as it broke a long scoreless inning streak from the pen.

LETS GET SOME RUNNNNNS

Nice quip, brewers19. Hope it doesn't prove true.

WTMJ feels they need a 3 hour pregame show for a preseason game which makes me hate WTMJ a little more.

OK, that, and en route to one of our games last week, we heard them say on WTMJ that there'll be some big Packer promotion at 7:15 AM starting on or after Labor Day. I thought that was the time for the Brewers Sunup ("and especially at 7:15").

Ahem? Still several weeks of Brewers season left? Flagship station? What will TMJ do when the Brewers have a truly meaningful September? I know, if I have to ask I probably don't want to know the answer.

OK, got that out of my system. Go Brewers. Please. Don't. Suck.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Hawing, your answer is: the Brewers will be playing in the 7th game of the world series, and the Packers will be 0-8 but they will put them on 620, and then the Bucks will be in a preseason game on 1290. The brewers game just won't be on the radio. Worst off all, FOX will blackout the game in Milwaukee.

"hawing, your answer is: the Brewers will be playing in the 7th game of the world series, and the Packers will be 0-8 but they will put them on 620, and then the Bucks will be in a preseason game on 1290. The brewers game just won't be on the radio. Worst off all, FOX will blackout the game in Milwaukee."

I actually wouldn't mind that if they were the away team for that game....

Quote:
So, does the vacuum represent the fact that we're gonna suck tonight?

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif Nice! Maybe it represents how the three losses have completely sucked the life out of everyone who got so excited over the Colorado sweep.

Ben, lets not suck today. Offense, try to score more than 2 runs please, thank you.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

the Brewers will be playing in the 7th game of the world series, and the Packers will be 0-8 but they will put them on 620, and then the Bucks will be in a preseason game on 1290. The brewers game just won't be on the radio. Worst off all, FOX will blackout the game in Milwaukee.

Nice to know what to expect. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Well, I think Madison might bother to carry the Brewers ahead of the Bucks - so you all can just come over here to listen, if not watch.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I will be watching the Packer game tonight...I'm tired of getting behind these guys, watching them play well and have something like Ned leaving Cappy in for the 7th after a great 6 innings in the heat and humidity of Florida. They're not going to make the playoffs...will they be competitive? Probably. I'd like to go to a game this seaon yet, but I don't see it happening.

I have paid little or no attention to the Packers thus far and I hate pre-season football, but it seems that there may well be only an hour or so left in this year's Brewers' season as far as I am concerned. I'll start out watching the game, but if this one doesn't go well and the outcome becomes obvious in that first hour, I will in all liklihood switch over to the Packer game and officially close the book on the Brewers' season as far as meaningful games go.

I said after the first loss in the series that I would hang in there until they lost their 4th game of this road trip. After that point, there is no reason for hope. If they somehow manage to win tonight I'll still be right there for one more day anyway (Oswalt, CVlemens, and Pettitte - Yay!). It is hard to be disappointed as the performance on this trip was all too predictable. This is just who the Milwaukee Brewers are.

Archived