Brewer Fanatic

Escobar Video from the 2007 Futures Game?

I'm getting a little bit tired of the "Well you told us Hardy was an excellent shortstop" bit that's being run around here lately. Hardy is an excellent shortstop, but it's clear that the injury has cost him some quickness. So now because Hardy lost a step apparently Escobar is over hyped. I was looking around for that play he made in the Futures Game to post, but I came up empty on my Google search.

Does anyone have the video of that play saved anywhere by chance?

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Didn't he range all the way behind 2B and gun the guy at first with an off balance throw in the futures game? Or am I thinking about something else?

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Hmm.. guess I'm confused... well I'm unable to locate any video of the young man, MLB doesn't archive ST games apparently.

- Plato

- Plato

Ditto on the confused. I can't find it on BF, either. I'm pretty sure it was from the FSL All-Star game, but now I can't find anything in a recap that mentions it.

Are you thinking of a video that Mass linked to in a thread, where you had to scroll to a certain time mark? That's what I'm remembering...

Ditto on the confused. I can't find it on BF, either. I'm pretty sure it was from the FSL All-Star game, but now I can't find anything in a recap that mentions it.

Are you thinking of a video that Mass linked to in a thread, where you had to scroll to a certain time mark? That's what I'm remembering...

Yes that's the way I remember it too... it could have been the FSL game..

West All-Stars Top 6th

• Defensive Substitution: Alcides Escobar replaces shortstop Jose Castro, batting 2nd, playing shortstop.
  • Defensive Substitution: Chris Amador replaces center fielder Tyler Colvin, batting 3rd, playing center field.
  • Defensive Substitution: Mark Hamilton replaces first baseman Rhyne Hughes, batting 5th, playing first base.
  • Defensive Substitution: Dustin Martin replaces right fielder Jesus Valdez, batting 7th, playing right field.
  • Defensive Substitution: Christian Lopez replaces catcher Drew Butera, batting 8th, playing catcher.
  • Pitcher Change: Ben Stanczyk replaces Tyler Norrick.
  • Lou Marson grounds out, pitcher Ben Stanczyk to shortstop Alcides Escobar to first baseman Mark Hamilton.
  • Adam Rosales grounds out, shortstop Alcides Escobar to first baseman Mark Hamilton.
  • Cory Patton strikes out swinging.

That seems like the correct sequence of events to me, second play of the inning...

edit. Because I'm dumb

- Plato

- Plato

Archived