Brewer Fanatic

Joe Blanton

I was thinking the same thing today. Blanton seems like a likely possibilty to me. Plus they have a bunch of guys in their pen who I would not mind having. I think 3 of the are "has beens" but they all have some nice numbers. What kind of service time does Blanton have left?

That wouldn't thrill me at all. If they were to go after any A's pitcher I'd want it to be Harden. Blanton's ERA this year is almost 6. Yuck!! To me it's Sabathia or busst. No other AVAILABLE Pitcher out there will do much more for them then what they already have in their rotation already, and certainly not the impact CC would have.

I'd rather have Harden any day. As a matter of fact, I think Harden is just as good as Sabathia. That said, even though it's a real roll of the dice with his injury....I'd see if Oakland would be inclined to move him for LaPorta. If they wanted Hall, Bush or Villanueva they could maybe be worked into a deal too. Regardless, the only way anything will happen with the A's is if they start to tank in the next few weeks.

Why would the Brewers want Blanton (unless someone got injured)? He's had a very Dave Bush-esque career and is having a bad year. I might give up Cain and another guy or two for him, but not any of the team's top 10 or so prospects, which a deal would supposedly require.

This kind of reminds me of some Oriole fans I saw who swore it would be a great idea for the Brewers to give up LaPorta and Escobar for Daniel Cabrera because "Cabrera could put it all together". I don't like the idea of paying premium prices (whether in prospects or dollars) for average-ish talent.

I'd rather have Harden any day. As a matter of fact, I think Harden is just as good as Sabathia. That said, even though it's a real roll of the dice with his injury....I'd see if Oakland would be inclined to move him for LaPorta. If they wanted Hall, Bush or Villanueva they could maybe be worked into a deal too. Regardless, the only way anything will happen with the A's is if they start to tank in the next few weeks.

I also would rather get Harden, but I think we may be able to pry him away with less than Laporta. They may be sick of Crosby and would love Escobar. I say only offer up a Laporta-combination if Cahill was in the deal. This may be the place to actually package Laporta and Gamel/Escobar.

Laporta and Escobar

for

Harden and B. Anderson/T. Cahill

Sheetskout you're insane!!! The Brewers aren't giving up 2 of their top 3 prospects for that. I would give one of them to get Harden for sure but not both. I would package lesser players in the deal.

"We're never going to be in a position where we're neither buying nor selling." -Billy Beane, yesterday

Oakland needs to decide which way they're going to go, but they're in the middle or more rumors than anyone else at the moment, and they do have a GM with a track record for moving players around.

Welcome aboard agarr. Please review the rules of conduct, as calling people insane (even if you don't really mean it) is not how we like to do discussion around here.

But yes, that offer does seem just a touch high to me, given there's no guarantee Harden's arm won't fall off tomorrow. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived