Brewer Fanatic

HELP! ebay advice needed..

patrickgpe

All right I never had a problem selling something on ebay until now so i want to go into the vast knowledge of this site for help before i issue a refund.

i sold 2 tickets for tomorrow game on monday and mailed it priority on tuesday morning. I offered to leave them at will call but he preferred them to be shipped. When he paid he mailed me an address that was different than the paypal address. Without thinking too much of it, i used the address in his paypal account and sent the tickets. Of course he never received. I know i have to issue him a refund because he didn't get the tickets he ordered. Is there any recourse i have with paypal or ebay though to make up for my losses?

Definitely try to do the reprint. As a gesture of good will, you might want to offer the guy a little bit of money back to accommodate his inconvenience. If he's changed plans and can't use the tickets, you can try offering them to the second highest bidder.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

isnt it the buyer's responsibility to have the correct address on paypal? especially if they pay with paypal

but what if he was out of town or something or the tickets were for somebody else? I don't see why you couldn't ask for them to be shipped wherever you wanted once you paid for them.

It's up to the seller to decide whether or not s/he wants to send items to an alternate address.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

If it is a confirmed paypal address, your fine and dont have to issue a refund at all. If its not and his ebay is different, you may have problems if you dont refund him. Id try what the others said and see if you can contact the ticket office and work something out before the game. Otherwise, like I said it will probably have to be refunded or you may face a suspension of your ebay account.

Archived