Brewer Fanatic

Tulowitski needs thumb surgery after hissy fit

Troy Tulowitski slammed a bat in anger at manager Clint Hurdle decision to take him out of last night's game. A shard from the bat lodged in his thumb, and he is going to need surgery to repair the thumb, perhaps jeopardizing his season.

Wow.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/05/rockies-put-tulo-dl-demote-reynolds/

I really understand & can relate to athletes that vent their anger like this (hyper-competitiveness imo), but it's always kinda fitting when the anger/tantrums result in injury. Probably best to keep one's cool over a decision as small as missing a few ABs, no matter how 'into it' you are.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Community Moderator

It will be interesting to see if the Rockies end up regretting giving him that long-term deal.

At least he didn't fall victim to something like salad tongs...

boy the Rockies sure have had some bad luck the last few years with some very promising shortstops. First, Clint Barmes and the deer meat episode. Now Tulo and the broken bat.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

On one hand I feel kind of bad for him because I've done stupid stuff like that too, breaking Super Nintendo controllers, kicking my golf bag over, breaking my hand punching my brother when I was 10...

On the other hand I don't at all because he's making millions of dollars to play baseball while I was just a stupid kid with a temper tantrum. Year 1 of that contract is working out well for Colorado though.

trwi7 wrote:

Oh Glendon Rusch and Jorge De la Rosa in the same rotation. How fun!

Sweet, I am going to a Rockies game on the 10th. I hope I get to see JDRL.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

If the Rockies' and Brewers' current rotation patterns hold, Thursday's game (which I'm also attending) should feature JDLR and Bush as starters. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived