Brewer Fanatic

Looking for a place in Appleton- Suggestions?

wallus
So I just recently got a teaching position in the New London School District and now I need a place to live. I am looking for something within 20 minutes to the school and hopefully something that has a lot of younger type people. Also, hopefully a place where I do not have to worry about intruders covering themselves in BBQ sauce. Does anyone have any good ideas? I was told that living by the Timber Rattlers stadium might be a good area.

Also, hopefully a place where I do not have to worry about intruders covering themselves in BBQ sauce.

Are you suggesting that intruders who use a different condiment as a cloaking device would be okay? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

(I'm sorry that I can't help with your basic question, but I enjoyed that part of your post. Good luck finding a place and at your new job.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

wallus,

I work in New London and live in Greenville, which is 15 mins east of NL and about 5 mins west of the T-Rats stadium. Nice area, lots of rec trails, a Y, etc. Send me a PM if you have specific questions about the area. I know the apartment below me just came up for rent.

The apartments I live in are called Evergreen Squares Apartments, and are pretty nice for a decent price. Would be right about at the 20 minute mark for you though (maybe a touch over). About 1 mile east of highway 41, just off of college ave.

If you avoid the area between Wisconsin and College north and south and Mason and Lawe east and west you'll be better served. That is the area a lot of halfway houses and low rent old housed are. Richmond Terrace is ok in that area but other than that one condo avoid the area.

What school you going to?

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

If you avoid the area between Wisconsin and College north and south and Mason and Lawe east and west you'll be better served. That is the area a lot of halfway houses and low rent old housed are. Richmond Terrace is ok in that area but other than that one condo avoid the area.

What school you going to?

I am working for the High School, thanks for your advice.

Opps my bad I didn't read your post close enough Wallus. Yes Appleton is about 30 minutes away but they are working on the HWY 15 road and it will eventually bypass Hortonville and that should shorten the trip from Appleton to New London by a few minutes. Greenville is growing a lot and there isn't rally any bad places to live there. If you want to live in the city of Appleton then you will have about 30 minutes no matter where you live. Hortonville is closer yet but according to an article in the Post Cresent today they may not have an access to the new highway 15 bypass. In any event I hope you enjoy the new job and city. If you see a gorilla at the school someday be nice to him. He's a brewer fan through and through.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived