Brewer Fanatic

08/30/06 Brewers (Bush) @ Astros (Clemens) 7:05pm CDT

sgtcluels
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Brewers are the equivalent of the hot girl at the bar that lets you buy her a drink, grind on her all night, she gives you her phone number then introduces you to her boyfriend. A bunch of teases.

I think he might be talking about my wife.

Cirillo sure didn't think so, since he took the time to tag 1B with his glove before throwing home.

I'd say he didn't know for sure. When you're falling I suspect you're not quite sure what you're lower body has touched or you may not realize in that split second the significance of inadvertently falling on the bag during the catch. So you tag it anyway, though it wasn't the right thing to do.

I would be apt to suspect that Cirillo's relative inexperience playing first base led to the play going the way that it did. However, even a perfect throw to the plate wouldn't have made a difference--the runner easily would've scored anyways--mostly because Cirillo had to leave his feet, using up valuable seconds.

Oh, well.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

This is the general "what if" world, but because Berkman was essentially standing on first base when Cirillo caught the ball and came back to the bag instead of running to second, if I am understanding the rules correctly Cirillo could have first tagged Berkman, then the bag, and the inning would have been over because the force in this case is still in effect while the batter has not touched first? lol
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived