Brewer Fanatic

Joey Chestnut makes Americans Proud!

razzzorsharp

By eating 59 hotdogs in 10 minutes and beating Kobayashi in OT. Here's to you Joey, for fighting off the Japanese on our home turf this fourth of July.

By the way, I was really disgusted after watching but still a little hungry.

yep, 2 straight wins for Chestnut over Kobiyashi.

We're having hot dogs for lunch in his honor. Plus, it's the American thing to do. Baseball, beer, hot dogs.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I'm normally not a Donnie downer about things like this but it just seems like a big waste of food to me - especially with so many people in the world that don't have enough to eat.

OK, time to jump off the one soap box I own. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

While I almost universally cheer for the American in international competition, Kobayashi is awesome and I consider him the Tiger Woods of professional eating, as he brought a ton of attention to it and dominated. I was definitely pulling for him to reclaim the throne yesterday.

I watched it this year (only because I was staying with a friend who knew it was on), and I have to say that the announcer authored perhaps the best quote I have ever heard:

"The passion is raw... but the hot dogs are cooked!"

That has to go on a t-shirt. That is a top-10 quote that will live in infamy.

Archived