Brewer Fanatic

8/31/06 Brewers@Astros 7:05 CT

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
So what exactly was the deal with Clark and the umpire?

He was out of the batter's box and the 1st base umpire told him to get back in (which isn't his job) then Clark grounded out and the umpire yelled out really loud and acted like it was a close play and after he did that he started yelling at Clark even though he didn't say anything to him.

if Minny can pull together a 32 and 8 stretch... i certainly can hope for the sans-pluto cosmic alignment that allows a 23 and 6 run. may it begin tonight. all i thought about today was signing maddux. coletti has big brass ones. to make the moves he did in last fudgin place. this team needs a "reggie-white-deciding-to-play-in-green-bay-because-god-spoke-to-him" type of waiver wire pick-up / minor league call-up to make this a special team. the current recipe is too bland. nobody goes out to a three star restaurant and orders the tuna casserole. i mean, i like tuna casserole, but it's not going to win anything. not even this wildcard which when push comes to shove is going to stoke some marginal fire in some marginal club. the sandlot marlins have that fire and nothing to lose. rickie. the lynchpin loss. the line-up would be so dynamic with rickie. prince would still be having fun and elevating his game competing with his friend. all those times where rickie and prince seem to homer in the same game aren't so coincidental. maybe i'm making stuff up. trade for maddux, let bush stabilize in the pen. no, it's over. we're out of gas. tired, watered down and non-threatening, fish in a barrel. the first genuine - wait until next year -moment, but september last year felt like this too. draft well z, spend some money, do your investment banker thing mark... talk to bobby & go to mexico ned, experience a personal tragedy that gives you an edgy personality, make the ligaments heal rog, find another team besides texas to trade with doug... take ownership of the team robin, come on up frank k. wait. wait..

edit: i guess i need a fact checker, and another round

Quote:
Kind of off topic but does a player have to be on the 40 man roster to be a Sep 1st call up?

Yes, I believe so. But I think DM already said if they call anyone not on the 40 man up they can just move Weeks to the 60-day DL to clear a spot.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I bet if Cirillo hadn't gotten tossed, they'd PH Prince here. But without Gross that only leaves lefties Nix and Jenkins, and the backup C Rivera. And Ichi-Ohka. lol
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Probably Mench, because even when Mench is running hard he is still slow. Grieve always looked like he was in slow motion, but that's because I never really saw him run lol.

*waits for someone to say we were Yosted, despite the fact Yost has been gone for 6 innings* lol

I think the only way this roadtrip can get worse is if Prince takes a liner in the face and Bill Hall blows out his knee.

... that really shouldn't be in blue. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Quote:
When you have a chance to get insurance, you take it.

Of course, given our glorious bullpen...

I'd agree, but given our choices, other than Rivera, I don't want to see Nix or Jenkins vs. a lefty. I'd almost say I want Dave Bush, but that would be fairly sad. LOL

Quote:
The Brewers have achieved Fun Bad status. Its no longer even frustrating. It has become more like a comedy. What new way will they invent to stink out loud next?

This one is like watching WWE, same bad script, just new players. Instead of it being Shouse, Kolb, or Capellan, tonight it is Davis and Helling blowing the lead.

Archived