Brewer Fanatic

7/4/08 Pirates (Gorzelanny) at Brewers (Sheets): 1:05 CDT

ELCABALLO45

I don't konw why, when Hardy is hot, anyone tries going inside-half on him.

It would be frustrating to watch Prince right now if I were not so regrettaby resigned to it already.

Is there a more set plan to attack any ace in basball than the plan of attack every team is taking against Ben Sheets ribght now?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't konw why, when Hardy is hot, anyone tries going inside-half on him.

It would be frustrating to watch Prince right now if I were not so regrettaby resigned to it already.

Is there a more set plan to attack any ace in basball than the plan of attack every team is taking against Ben Sheets ribght now?

What plan of attack are you referring to? He has been pitching really well lately outside of the Twins game.

Yeah, not saying he's benn getting lit at all. But everybody seems to attack him the same way and hopes that it works. If they get first pitch fastball anywhere close to the zone, they're swinging. If they can get ball 1, then they work him, both hoping to work the ovearll pitch count and try to find a mistake. I can't enunciate it better, but I can see that everybody seems to be taking the same approach to hoping to beat him. In a way, it's a real compliment to Benny. It's like teams are saing thiis is the only real way to try to beat him.

Yeah, not saying he's benn getting lit at all. But everybody seems to attack him the same way and hopes that it works. If they get first pitch fastball anywhere close to the zone, they're swinging. If they can get ball 1, then they work him, both hoping to work the ovearll pitch count and try to find a mistake. I can't enunciate it better, but I can see that everybody seems to be taking the same approach to hoping to beat him. In a way, it's a real compliment to Benny. It's like teams are saing thiis is the only real way to try to beat him.

Okay that makes sense. He does get ahead in the count a lot, so that would make sense teams would start swinging early in counts.

Even with a red hot Branyan, you need to keep Billy to hit against lefties. I don't think i'll understand the Bill Hall hatred around here.

Sheets is throwing a ton of pitches. Didn't he watch the game last night? We need him to go 9!

"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

With Branyan fiannly cooling off, is there any real option other than to keep Billy?

Sign 'Rillo? He looked pretty good in those Brewers Live hitting demos... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Okay, now that was dumb. *sigh*

Why the heck would you try to steal with Braun up and Fielder on deck, even if those two are slumping? Hardy's not exactly known for blazing speed.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived